The Student Room Group

I only SLIGHTLY worked less than 3 years, can I lie about when I stopped working?

But I was still financially independent after I quit using savings I'd accrued from that job. Title says it all. I want as much maintenance loan as possible. I only worked for 2 years and 7 months, can I lie and say I quit that job 5 months later than I really did? The only confirmed way of knowing is if they see that I didn't earn money for those 5 months. But I was still financially independent with the savings I'd accrued!
Original post by soundcloudrapper
But I was still financially independent after I quit using savings I'd accrued from that job. Title says it all. I want as much maintenance loan as possible. I only worked for 2 years and 7 months, can I lie and say I quit that job 5 months later than I really did? The only confirmed way of knowing is if they see that I didn't earn money for those 5 months. But I was still financially independent with the savings I'd accrued!

that's not slight, that's almost half a year, slight would mean a month max :facepalm:
Original post by HaydenFordz
that's not slight, that's almost half a year, slight would mean a month max :facepalm:

Yeah but it's bs, I earned well over 7,000 a year even though I didn't work 3 full years I was financially independent for 3 whole years.
Yeah but it's bs, I earned well over 7,000 a year even though I didn't work 3 full years I was financially independent for 3 whole years.

Yes but did it ask how long you were financially independent or how long you were working....
Yes but did it ask how long you were financially independent or how long you were working....

They want to find out if I have been financially independent yeah? Then the way they're doing that is flawed.
They want to find out if I have been financially independent yeah? Then the way they're doing that is flawed.

Nope I’m pretty sure they want to know who’s long you have worked
Nope I’m pretty sure they want to know who’s long you have worked

Then I'm ****ed if I don't lie. Well... I have worked 3 other jobs, but they were let me think. They were more than 3 years ago all of them, can I still bring them up?
Idk how much of a risk it is. Hmmmmmmmm....
How much evidence are they going to ask me for? Anyone know?
It's for Student Finance application for Uni maintenance loan.
Reply 10
It's for Student Finance application for Uni maintenance loan.

They verify all employment details with HMRC so there is no way to cheat the system.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending