Well done!

Thank you :biggrin:
Original post by Mesopotamian.
Done :woohoo:

:woo: you should be very proud :yep:

Spoiler

Original post by Ducky_MoMo
Got the best off both worlds then, lucky you:wink:

Yep, except when medics don’t realise you know the same stuff they do and explain things that you already know :argh: :cry:
Original post by heldbygrace
:woo: you should be very proud :yep:

Spoiler

The next time I see that comment, I’m deleting my account :colonhash:
Edit: I mean the spoiler comment lol
Maybe I should do these more often so you guys know what we actually learn :beard:
The next time I see that comment, I’m deleting my account :colonhash:
Edit: I mean the spoiler comment lol

Ahaha I’m sorry :colondollar: You’re like a super doctor, you seem to know everything a doctor does but wayyyy more, it’s really cool. But it must really suck not getting recognition for it.
I was just having a little life choice crisis; I knew you learnt a lot of medicine just not that much... :s-smilie:
Maybe I should do these more often so you guys know what we actually learn :beard:

Please do :yes:
Ahaha I’m sorry :colondollar: You’re like a super doctor, you seem to know everything a doctor does but wayyyy more, it’s really cool. But it must really suck not getting recognition for it.
I was just having a little life choice crisis; I knew you learnt a lot of medicine just not that much... :s-smilie:

We learn all of the systems of the body that medics do + basic medical procedures (taking blood, blood pressure, cannula insertion etc) except perhaps anatomy of the limbs, so it’s quite medicine-heavy. The major difference is that we’re more familiar with what’s more relevant to the head and neck simply because dentistry is essentially the medical specialty of the head and neck. So it’s like a medical consultant of ENT who is more familiar with ENT but will refer for anything else because their memory is a little more foggy in other areas of the body because they’ve focused on one area for so long :yes:
We learn all of the systems of the body that medics do + basic medical procedures (taking blood, blood pressure, cannula insertion etc) except perhaps anatomy of the limbs, so it’s quite medicine-heavy. The major difference is that we’re more familiar with what’s more relevant to the head and neck simply because dentistry is essentially the medical specialty of the head and neck. So it’s like a medical consultant of ENT who is more familiar with ENT but will refer for anything else because their memory is a little more foggy in other areas of the body because they’ve focused on one area for so long :yes:

Wow, that’s a lot, so you basically be a doctor all while learning how to do dental restorations, treat patients, endodontics, prosthetics. All in the same time space as a med student. And then people decide it’s ok to hate you, and not only that but say it right to your face. My respect for dentistry just 📈wow. You guys deserve so much more. :frown:
Wow, that’s a lot, so you basically be a doctor all while learning how to do dental restorations, treat patients, endodontics, prosthetics. All in the same time space as a med student. And then people decide it’s ok to hate you, and not only that but say it right to your face. My respect for dentistry just 📈wow. You guys deserve so much more. :frown:

Our medical curriculum isn’t as detailed as a whole medical degree so a doctor will know/ remember more across the board generally, but I guess it’s so unknown about what we actually study that it comes as a surprise. It makes sense though if you think about it - you can’t take care of a patient if you don’t consider their health holistically!

I think it also depends on which dental school you go to. I’ve heard some put a very heavy emphasis on practical skills at the expense of theory, so their graduates won’t have as much knowledge as say someone from my dental school (although they will still need to know the basics).

I had a blog on here where I made weekly updates that included which lectures I’d covered - that might have been more useful in giving you an insight, but I abandoned it :redface:
Our medical curriculum isn’t as detailed as a whole medical degree so a doctor will know/ remember more across the board generally, but I guess it’s so unknown about what we actually study that it comes as a surprise. It makes sense though if you think about it - you can’t take care of a patient if you don’t consider their health holistically!

I think it also depends on which dental school you go to. I’ve heard some put a very heavy emphasis on practical skills at the expense of theory, so their graduates won’t have as much knowledge as say someone from my dental school (although they will still need to know the basics).

I had a blog on here where I made weekly updates that included which lectures I’d covered - that might have been more useful in giving you an insight, but I abandoned it :redface:

Yes that's so true! Would you say you feel that learning so much theory is at the expense of your practical skills though?

Aww shame. Does that blog still exist somewhere in the tsr archives? I could use to count towards my wider reading :lol:
Yes that's so true! Would you say you feel that learning so much theory is at the expense of your practical skills though?

Aww shame. Does that blog still exist somewhere in the tsr archives? I could use to count towards my wider reading :lol:

Not at all, my dental school gives us a nice balance of theory and practical - we’re 11th in the world for dentistry :u: (although I don’t give much consideration to rankings :lol:)

No sorry, I had it deleted because I felt that it would make me too easily identifiable :redface:
Disorders of clotting factors

Well done Meso! I remember having to do something similar to this, but it’s quite enjoyable once you have the hang of it!

How are you finding your revision?
Not at all, my dental school gives us a nice balance of theory and practical - we’re 11th in the world for dentistry :u: (although I don’t give much consideration to rankings :lol:)

No sorry, I had it deleted because I felt that it would make me too easily identifiable :redface:

That's good! Woah, guess that makes you a world-class dentist then :yep:

Hehe fair enough, shame though. Maybe chop or myself can keep one for tsr dentists future....
Original post by Thecrazydoughnut
Well done Meso! I remember having to do something similar to this, but it’s quite enjoyable once you have the hang of it!

How are you finding your revision?

Thanks Doughnut! Revision is going well, Oral pathology is the main killer though - so much new information to learn!

How have you been?

That's good! Woah, guess that makes you a world-class dentist then :yep:

Hehe fair enough, shame though. Maybe chop or myself can keep one for tsr dentists future....

Hopefully when you two join the league, we can start our own dentistry society on here similar to the medic groups :woo:
Thanks Doughnut! Revision is going well, Oral pathology is the main killer though - so much new information to learn!

How have you been?

That’s great to hear. How do you retain the information? Like do you make flash cards or notes?
Hopefully when you two join the league, we can start our own dentistry society on here similar to the medic groups :woo:

Yes!! :woohoo:Going to be a while for me yet though! :no:
That’s great to hear. How do you retain the information? Like do you make flash cards or notes?

I make notes :yes: I have in the past for various levels of study made flash cards, but it depends on if I think it’s suitable for what I’m learning. How do you learn?
I make notes :yes: I have in the past for various levels of study made flash cards, but it depends on if I think it’s suitable for what I’m learning. How do you learn?

Oh right.

Flash cards or notes. But I take too long with notes so result to flash cards at times.

Aesthetic is very pleasing to my eyes you see.
Oh right.

Flash cards or notes. But I take too long with notes so result to flash cards at times.

Aesthetic is very pleasing to my eyes you see.

Same, I combine the aesthetics of flashcards with my note making to avoid pages and pages of dull writing :five:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending