The Student Room Group

Do people look at the Grade of your GCSE or the GCSE you pick?

Hi, I need desperate help. I have to pick my GCSE's by this week and I just wanted to get some advice about this. My main question is whether people (Universities and Employers) look at the grade of your GCSE or what GCSE pick. Thanks
Ok Thanks, So they don't check which subject you choose just the grades you got in the GCSE? btw What GCSE did you pick?
They'll look at the grades over the GCSE, but that's no excuse to purposely choose easy ones.
If you want to do medicine the grades will have a big weighting, other subjects obviously you need to achieve their requirements usually in core subjects.

And GCSE's could be looked at if there was nothing else setting a candidate apart I guess.
Wow... I was thinking of doing History or French for my 4th subject. Which one do you recommend since you have done both?
No, For GCSE. I believe you have to pick 4 subjects for GCSE
Original post by linedpaper
They'll look at the grades over the GCSE, but that's no excuse to purposely choose easy ones.
If you want to do medicine the grades will have a big weighting, other subjects obviously you need to achieve their requirements usually in core subjects.

And GCSE's could be looked at if there was nothing else setting a candidate apart I guess.

Yeah, I do want to do medicine. I have to choose 4 GCSE's and i have thought of Triple Science, Computer Science and Geography. However, I do not know what to choose for my fourth subject. I was thinking of either History or French. Which one do you think is best for medicine?
Yeah, my school does 'Medicine through time'. Do you think i should do History or French? What grades did you get in them?
Original post by Anonymous48
Hi, I need desperate help. I have to pick my GCSE's by this week and I just wanted to get some advice about this. My main question is whether people (Universities and Employers) look at the grade of your GCSE or what GCSE pick. Thanks

simple answer both mainly grades tho
Original post by the_pharaoh
simple answer both mainly grades tho

Ok, thanks
Reply 9
I got 99997777 and a l2 distinction star which is equivalent to an 8.5 and I don’t know if these are enough for med school.

The 9s are in combined science maths and geography.

I am doing bio maths and Chem a level
Original post by Citysuse
I got 99997777 and a l2 distinction star which is equivalent to an 8.5 and I don’t know if these are enough for med school.

The 9s are in combined science maths and geography.

I am doing bio maths and Chem a level

Make a new thread - this is wildly off topic

Quick Reply

Latest