The Student Room Group

HYMS A100 / A101 2021 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone on here heard whether they are going Hull or York yet?
Hey guys! Got an offer for the standard course on Wednesday. Had interview quite early (December 3rd I think), Band 2 and I think some contextual points too. Still waiting for my last choice but 50/50 that I’m firming HYMS. Oh also, allocated in Hull since I’m from here.
Original post by Someone_01
Also, was it for A101?

yeah, and band 1 lol
Reply 63
Any international students here? :smile:
Also when do we get an email about campus allocation?
Original post by nnnosh

hi!! I’m an international student :smile:
Original post by medichope8
Honestly idek tbh

Original post by Someone_01
Do you think they are going to make more offers for the A101?
I mean this year they have more spaces than last year

I wouldn't give up hope yet! Again, offers and rejections are getting sent out randomly at the same time, so it's actually better not hearing anything yet rather than hearing now and getting a rejection.

Also just because we haven't heard any offers from A101 yesterday doesn't mean that nobody got one! For all we know, somebody out of TSR might have gotten an offer for A101 yestersay. :smile:
Got my offer yesterday and im buzzing. On the UCAS message it said AAA but from what i read on the website i should have been offered AABa because of my A in EPQ, has anyone been offered AAB?
Original post by Catrees16
Got my offer yesterday and im buzzing. On the UCAS message it said AAA but from what i read on the website i should have been offered AABa because of my A in EPQ, has anyone been offered AAB?

You have to firm HYMS for the offer to change to AAB.

I would email HYMS to confirm this before selecting them as your firm choice.

Post originally created by ecolier.
Reply 68
Original post by Alierce
hi!! I’m an international student :smile:

hello!! have u decided on firming hyms?
Reply 69
Original post by nnnosh

I'm an international from the US! No clue where I'm allocated yet though
Original post by emma989

As international students, you guys could actually request for hull/york as base campus :smile:
Have any home students found out their campus allocation and have HYMS sent you guys any emails
Original post by SnehaA003
Have any home students found out their campus allocation and have HYMS sent you guys any emails

Not yet, they should come soon I think.
Original post by nnnosh
hello!! have u decided on firming hyms?

I’m honestly not sure yet, planning on waiting for my other responses before I make a decision. I do love the HYMS course though so we’ll see!
Original post by betweenalaska
As international students, you guys could actually request for hull/york as base campus :smile:

Original post by betweenalaska

yeah !! There was a form on the website and the deadline to submit your preference was on the 1st of Feb if I’m not mistaken :smile: you could only submit it after your interview
When do you guys think we will hear from HYMS? As I would like to know whether I would be going hull or york, I will firm it either way but I would just like to know out of interest!!
Original post by plant22400
When do you guys think we will hear from HYMS? As I would like to know whether I would be going hull or york, I will firm it either way but I would just like to know out of interest!!

Hi I’m also gonna firm HYMS regardless of campus, I’m speculating we might get emailed a week since our offer, although this year has been so different so it could be anytime :smile: !
Original post by plant22400

I’m assuming sometime next week. I know their admissions team is pretty small so they’re running a tight ship. I live in Hull so got to chose my campus but it’s almost like it’s not real before the offer email comes through😂
the emails with accommodation won't be going out until everyone will get there offers or rejections
Reply 79
Original post by emma989

ahh congrats on your offer! have u decided on firming your offer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending