The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone! There isnt an RCSI thread for medicine so I decided to start one. I assume you've all applied since the deadline is over. We can discuss potential offers and interviews here. Good Luck all!

Hi! I also applied to RCSI for medicine! Are you a home or international student? Did you apply for the 4, 5, or 6 year program? I applied as an international student for the 6 year program. Have you applied to any other Irish med schools? I applied to UCD and currently have an offer. I'm still waiting to hear back from RCSI.
Reply 2
Hi! I also applied to RCSI for medicine! Are you a home or international student? Did you apply for the 4, 5, or 6 year program? I applied as an international student for the 6 year program. Have you applied to any other Irish med schools? I applied to UCD and currently have an offer. I'm still waiting to hear back from RCSI.

hey, I'm an international, applied to UCD too and I also currently have an offer. Im still waiting on rcsi, I applied for the undergrad medicine 5/6 year program but I aiming for the 5th. I heard rcsi sent out interviews about 3 weeks ago and im still waiting
When did you guys receive your offers from UDC?
I haven't even received an interview invite. Do you think they're still sending them out?
I haven't even received an interview invite. Do you think they're still sending them out?

UCD*

I received an offer last week, 24 hours after doing my interview. Irish medical schools work on a rolling admissions basis. It is possible to even be offered a place in August. So, yes, I think they are still sending out interview invites. I heard someone say they received an interview invite a couple of days ago, so they most likely are still sending them out.
hey, I'm an international, applied to UCD too and I also currently have an offer. Im still waiting on rcsi, I applied for the undergrad medicine 5/6 year program but I aiming for the 5th. I heard rcsi sent out interviews about 3 weeks ago and im still waiting

Congrats on your offer! I didn't know RCSI sent out interviews. I haven't even received a confirmation email that they received my application (I should probably look into that lol). Is RCSI your first choice? Would you go there over UCD?
Reply 7
Congrats on your offer! I didn't know RCSI sent out interviews. I haven't even received a confirmation email that they received my application (I should probably look into that lol). Is RCSI your first choice? Would you go there over UCD?

thank you sm! yes you should look into that, I received one confirmation email. when did you apply? you can also check updates on ur portal account that the application will be processed. UCD is leading in research and if you go there its gonna be mostly Irish with the minority of internationals. however, for RCSI its the complete opposite its a community of internationals. bear in mind that UCD has all other courses while rcsi is fully medicine related so you will probably know everyone there. I just hope I get an interview/ offer to start with
thank you sm! yes you should look into that, I received one confirmation email. when did you apply? you can also check updates on ur portal account that the application will be processed. UCD is leading in research and if you go there its gonna be mostly Irish with the minority of internationals. however, for RCSI its the complete opposite its a community of internationals. bear in mind that UCD has all other courses while rcsi is fully medicine related so you will probably know everyone there. I just hope I get an interview/ offer to start with

I'm actually not sure about the exact date I applied. My agent did it for me. Thank you for the info about RSCI vs UCD. I definitely have a lot to think about it. By what day do you have to accept or reject your UCD offer?
Hi everyone,
Did anyone get an offer from RCSI yet ? And how long after the interview? Thank you
I'm actually not sure about the exact date I applied. My agent did it for me. Thank you for the info about RSCI vs UCD. I definitely have a lot to think about it. By what day do you have to accept or reject your UCD offer?

in the acceptance email they dint indicate how much time I have
Hey all,I have an interview for RCSI on the 2nd of March! Im sure one of their questions will be why RCSI and I obviously cant give the honest answer 'cuz I wanna be doctor and you might let me be one'.I've been trying to see what sets RCSI apart from other medical schools and this is what I got so far: Health science dedicated university, large and cool clinic and surgery simulation center, and it seems to have a diverse set of students and I love to meet people from different backgrounds.Anyone got anything else? Any random advice on interviews would also be appreciated.Many thanks!
Original post by haider.ariaz
Hey all,I have an interview for RCSI on the 2nd of March! Im sure one of their questions will be why RCSI and I obviously cant give the honest answer 'cuz I wanna be doctor and you might let me be one'.I've been trying to see what sets RCSI apart from other medical schools and this is what I got so far: Health science dedicated university, large and cool clinic and surgery simulation center, and it seems to have a diverse set of students and I love to meet people from different backgrounds.Anyone got anything else? Any random advice on interviews would also be appreciated.Many thanks!

hey! you have to mention their cadaveric disection and their research. if you don't mind, when did you apply/ and where are u from?
Reply 13
How is RCSI compared with UCD? Which one is better for medicine?
Original post by aaaddaa
How is RCSI compared with UCD? Which one is better for medicine?

did u apply to both?
Reply 15
did u apply to both?

Yes, i did
hey! you have to mention their cadaveric disection and their research. if you don't mind, when did you apply/ and where are u from?

Alright thank you! My application was completed right at the end of December and I am applying from Canada!
I am International student. Anyone got offer from RCSI yet? Thank you
Original post by Tamar345128940
I am International student. Anyone got offer from RCSI yet? Thank you

do you mean offer or interview invite?
I mean offer , thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending