The Student Room Group

Workout help

What workouts are the best to get rid of belly fat and slim down thighs?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You can't target areas.
Original post by isobel-M16
What workouts are the best to get rid of belly fat and slim down thighs?

Check out , Chloe ting and lily sabri . I honestly started doing Chloe ting's 14 week shred and by day 9 I started slightly seeing abs and a lot of leg muscle . I am currently doing Lilly sabri's workout since they are shorter and intense . It depends from a person to another.
Fork put downs and plate push aways at every meal
Original post by Dax_Swagg3r

I get that this is a joke and it’s clever but also please eat enough food and take care of yourself OP 😌
Reply 5

I appreciate that this might be a joke but you must be careful who sees these comments as it could be quiet triggering. You don't know what I've gone through. Sorry but don't appreciate these comments so could you think next time you post - even if it is intended as a joke.
Reply 6
Original post by Rosyrose123
Check out , Chloe ting and lily sabri . I honestly started doing Chloe ting's 14 week shred and by day 9 I started slightly seeing abs and a lot of leg muscle . I am currently doing Lilly sabri's workout since they are shorter and intense . It depends from a person to another.

Thanks, really helpful
Original post by isobel-M16
I appreciate that this might be a joke but you must be careful who sees these comments as it could be quiet triggering. You don't know what I've gone through. Sorry but don't appreciate these comments so could you think next time you post - even if it is intended as a joke.

Then explain to me how you will lose weight without eating less or exercising a lot more, both achieve the same thing. If you have recovered from something you have gone through then don't make a post asking how to lose fat.
(edited 3 years ago)
Then explain to me how you will lose weight without eating less or exercising a lot more, both achieve the same thing. If you have recovered from something you have gone through then don't make a post asking how to lose fat.

I don’t think anyone needs to get defensive about this. Losing weight is okay as long as it’s done in a healthy way, but your joke was a little insensitive and OP was really understanding and just tried to help you not to make that mistake again. Sorry if you are upset about it but please try to be nice, what you’re saying is really unhelpful. :smile:
Original post by sunshine1243
I don’t think anyone needs to get defensive about this. Losing weight is okay as long as it’s done in a healthy way, but your joke was a little insensitive and OP was really understanding and just tried to help you not to make that mistake again. Sorry if you are upset about it but please try to be nice, what you’re saying is really unhelpful. :smile:

Can you explain how my joke was insensitive?
(edited 3 years ago)
Can you explain how my joke was insensitive?

Yeah, of course. OP was asking for help for working out (which in moderation is a really healthy thing to do!) and you made a joke about restricting food, which can be quite triggering for some people if they’ve struggled with it in the past.
Yeah, of course. OP was asking for help for working out (which in moderation is a really healthy thing to do!) and you made a joke about restricting food, which can be quite triggering for some people if they’ve struggled with it in the past.

OP was asking to lose body fat percentage and this is mainly done through diet and thus me making the comment. Exercise can help however you cannot outrun a bad diet but you can 'outeat' a lack of exercise. If OP has struggled with losing weight and eating less in the past then they should certainly not make a thread asking how to lose bodyfat percentage and then getting hurt over someone giving you actual advice and not 'watch and follow this video full of misinformation (Chloe Ting)' is quite nearsighted imo.

You do realise weight loss comes from diet and not exercise, right?

As the saying goes, you can't outrun a bad diet. You can't choose a workout to reduce fat. You reduce fat by eating less, and that's all there is to it.

You can't sugarcoat it.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by illusionz
You do realise weight loss comes from diet and not exercise, right?

As the saying goes, you can't outrun a bad diet. You can't choose a workout to reduce fat. You reduce fat by eating less, and that's all there is to it.

You can't sugarcoat it.

You absolutely can’t sugarcoat it, and you’re totally right. I’m not saying that what you are saying is wrong, I’m saying that it’s completely insensitive and this whole conversation could be really triggering to some people. The more you keep going, the worse it is getting so please just stop commenting on this thread unless you’re here to be helpful and supportive or to answer OP’s question about working out. Sorry for the conflict and thanks for your understanding :smile:
You absolutely can’t sugarcoat it, and you’re totally right. I’m not saying that what you are saying is wrong, I’m saying that it’s completely insensitive and this whole conversation could be really triggering to some people. The more you keep going, the worse it is getting so please just stop commenting on this thread unless you’re here to be helpful and supportive or to answer OP’s question about working out. Sorry for the conflict and thanks for your understanding :smile:

Are you really saying that we shouldn't explain how fat loss can be achieved because the answer may be triggering to some people?
OP was asking to lose body fat percentage and this is mainly done through diet and thus me making the comment. Exercise can help however you cannot outrun a bad diet but you can 'outeat' a lack of exercise. If OP has struggled with losing weight and eating less in the past then they should certainly not make a thread asking how to lose bodyfat percentage and then getting hurt over someone giving you actual advice and not 'watch and follow this video full of misinformation (Chloe Ting)' is quite nearsighted imo.

I don’t think this conversation is going to be helpful so maybe we should stop arguing about it. I’m sorry for any conflict I started, I think we were all just trying to be helpful. Bottom line is, OP; please take care of yourself and your body, you are so loved!
Are you really saying that we shouldn't explain how fat loss can be achieved because the answer may be triggering to some people?

Honestly, yes. I think we need to be careful, but that is just my opinion and I’m so sorry if I’m incorrect. Have a good day :smile:
OP asked for workout advice and you gave unsolicited food advice which was not what they asked for. It can be triggering. Thanks :smile:
OP asked for workout advice and you gave unsolicited food advice which was not what they asked for. It can be triggering. Thanks :smile:

OP asked how to achieve fat loss. This is achieved through diet, not specific workouts.

If you don't like reading this fact, then perhaps the fitness section isn't for you.
OP asked how to achieve fat loss. This is achieved through diet, not specific workouts.

If you don't like reading this fact, then perhaps the fitness section isn't for you.

Okay, the OP asked for workouts and not fat loss but if that’s what you think then thanks for trying to help!

Quick Reply

Latest