The Student Room Group

Hill Dickinson Interview

Hi! I have an interview for an insight scheme and training contract at Hill Dickinson. I was wondering if anyone had any tips or what general experiences are of the firm?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi! I also have an interview for the insight scheme and TC! It's my first interview so i'd also appreciate any advice! Which office/stream did you apply to?
Reply 2
Original post by abar29
Hi! I also have an interview for the insight scheme and TC! It's my first interview so i'd also appreciate any advice! Which office/stream did you apply to?

Health services for Liverpool, you?
Reply 3
Original post by MvcLaw
Health services for Liverpool, you?

Health for London!
Reply 4
Original post by abar29
Health for London!

Oo I haven’t spoken to anyone else who has applied for health. I haven’t studied anything health related at uni so it worries me a bit if they ask me specific questions about health law.
Reply 5
Original post by MvcLaw
Oo I haven’t spoken to anyone else who has applied for health. I haven’t studied anything health related at uni so it worries me a bit if they ask me specific questions about health law.

Ooh neither have I! When is your interview, as mine is 25th morning? I did actually study a health related degree, although not directly relating to law! I'd be happy to help you with anything over DM if you'd like :smile: I dont think it will matter too much about what you've studied, they must have liked your application if you've received an interview! I'm sure as long as you're able to say why you're interested in health it will be fine x
Reply 6
Original post by abar29
Ooh neither have I! When is your interview, as mine is 25th morning? I did actually study a health related degree, although not directly relating to law! I'd be happy to help you with anything over DM if you'd like :smile: I dont think it will matter too much about what you've studied, they must have liked your application if you've received an interview! I'm sure as long as you're able to say why you're interested in health it will be fine x

Mine is 2PM on the 25th! I need to do some more research on the firm I think. It’s so cool that you studied a related degree, will you have to do the GDL first?
Reply 7
Original post by MvcLaw
Mine is 2PM on the 25th! I need to do some more research on the firm I think. It’s so cool that you studied a related degree, will you have to do the GDL first?

Ah good luck! Yeah I'm doing my GDL at the moment! Same I'm deffo going to take the next few days to do a bunch of research!
Hello,

I also have a video interview with Hill Dickinson for a Marine Training Contract, does anyone have any tips on the type of questions asked? Are they more competence-bases, commercial awareness orientated or have to do more with knowledge about the firm?

I would be also happy to share my interview experience with firms TLT and VWV :smile:
Original post by Makisilaos94
Hello,

I also have a video interview with Hill Dickinson for a Marine Training Contract, does anyone have any tips on the type of questions asked? Are they more competence-bases, commercial awareness orientated or have to do more with knowledge about the firm?

I would be also happy to share my interview experience with firms TLT and VWV :smile:

My interview (health stream, Liverpool) was focused on my knowledge of the firm and understanding of what skills lawyers need to possess. Good luck!
Reply 10
Original post by aspiringlawyerNW
My interview (health stream, Liverpool) was focused on my knowledge of the firm and understanding of what skills lawyers need to possess. Good luck!

Hey have you heard back about your interview outcome?
Original post by MvcLaw
Hey have you heard back about your interview outcome?

Yeah, I did the written task this morning.
Reply 12
Yeah, I did the written task this morning.

Hey! Can I ask how long it took for them to get back to you re the outcome of your interview? I did mine yesterday and keen to know when to expect feedback. Eeek :eek:

Spoiler

Original post by CAL_LPC
Hey! Can I ask how long it took for them to get back to you re the outcome of your interview? I did mine yesterday and keen to know when to expect feedback. Eeek :eek:

Spoiler

I think it was a week or two. But it seems to vary by office.
Reply 14
I think it was a week or two. But it seems to vary by office.

Has anybody heard back following the written exercise?
Reply 16
No nothing yet
Has anyone heard back after VI for the business services TC? I did my interview last week and thinking if I haven’t received the written exercise yet it’s not looking good 😭
Original post by JLaw6570
Has anyone heard back after VI for the business services TC? I did my interview last week and thinking if I haven’t received the written exercise yet it’s not looking good 😭

They sent rejections and written test invites at the same time for the health stream in Liverpool, so you're probably thinking too much into it. I think that they just have a lot on. You'll hear back soon I'm sure
They sent rejections and written test invites at the same time for the health stream in Liverpool, so you're probably thinking too much into it. I think that they just have a lot on. You'll hear back soon I'm sure

Has anyone for the liverpool office had any sort of rejection yet for the written exercise? I did mine mid- March and haven’t heard anything yet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending