For some people, its looking at revision guides and attempting questions;
some people like making posters,
some write notes,
some make flashcards,
some practice exams,
and some do nothing extra at all.

How do you learn?

Scroll to see replies

I write notes, more so now, especially during this lockdown, but lately I feel there is more effort that benefit to making notes.

How about you guys?
Reply 2
I make notes using www.notion.so , then I use Seneca to practice. Mainly the notes are made during lessons, as it's not much extra effort to type it up to look nice in notion. Then I make flashcards using anki if it needs flashcards (mainly used for physics equations and definitions of terms.)
I have done barely any revision over half term. I need motivation, but feel like I'm not making any progress.
Reply 3
Make short notes as you study
Original post by superbo9y
some write notes,
some make flashcards,
some practice exams,

How do you learn?

I like making posters and using a lot of colours to be able to focus more.
Reply 5
I’ve come to realise I am not the type pf learner who can read and get the info.. I gotta see it done then do it myself.
The real question is "Do you learn" and the answer is nope

Seriously though I'm more of a visual/repetitive action sort of person
No notes

Past paper questions and flashcards then I’m set to go.
Reply 8
Original post by superbo9y
some write notes,
some make flashcards,
some practice exams,

How do you learn?

I'm one of those people who cannot learn by ear, everything simply goes in one ear and out the other, so to compensate for that I read around the subject and write a huge amount of notes, because reading things really helps me learn. I also find practice questions amazing. I will forever envy those who do not have to do anything extra, they truly are the luckiest
Reply 9
Original post by H4KKR
I make notes using www.notion.so , then I use Seneca to practice. Mainly the notes are made during lessons, as it's not much extra effort to type it up to look nice in notion. Then I make flashcards using anki if it needs flashcards (mainly used for physics equations and definitions of terms.)
I have done barely any revision over half term. I need motivation, but feel like I'm not making any progress.

Goodness Seneca is an absolute life saver, I could not have done biology this lockdown without it. Also, about the half term thing, I'm absolutely the same! I try and work but it seems never ending and I lose motivation so quickly :/
Notes all the wayyy!
I just try to remember stuff in class. Unlike 99% of TSR, I actually do not revise. Also unlike 99% of TSR - I do not get top grades, so, it's not all easy-living :u:
Original post by c.o.r.a
I will forever envy those who do not have to do anything extra, they truly are the luckiest

They normally don’t because I’m sure most will actually try understanding, rather than get caught up in the idea that writing notes will help you remember.

I mean, it does, however, not going to be necessarily effective to sit on your desk and write notes when you can easily access these notes online or the ‘notes’ are technically already formatted in the textbook.
Original post by CaptainDuckie
They normally don’t because I’m sure most will actually try understanding, rather than get caught up in the idea that writing notes will help you remember.

I mean, it does, however, not going to be necessarily effective to sit on your desk and write notes when you can easily access these notes online or the ‘notes’ are technically already formatted in the textbook.

I've tried online notes but they just don't stick with me in the same way. Seeing my own handwritten notes all in order helps me remember I suppose. At the end of the day, it's each to their own. :smile:
Original post by c.o.r.a
I've tried online notes but I suppose they just don't stick with me in the same way. Seeing my own handwritten notes all in order helps me remember I suppose. At the end of the day, it's each to their own. :smile:

Yeah, it has been proven that writing notes increases memory retention and allows you to process information but that should only be done if you have time to waste.
Yeah, it has been proven that writing notes increases memory retention and allows you to process information but that should only be done if you have time to waste.

In all honesty, though it sounds a little sad, I do have quite a bit of time to waste, especially with lockdown and everything being cancelled. I guess a bonus is that writing things prevents me from sitting around scrolling through social media. :biggrin:
Original post by c.o.r.a
In all honesty, though it sounds a little sad, I do have quite a bit of time to waste, especially with lockdown and everything being cancelled. I guess a bonus is that writing things prevents me from sitting around scrolling through social media. :biggrin:

Agree to disagree.

I’d much rather my time spent doing something else, even if it’s social media.
Agree to disagree.

I’d much rather my time spent doing something else, even if it’s social media.

Yes, agree to disagree, interesting conversation though
Original post by c.o.r.a
Yes, agree to disagree, interesting conversation though

Have a nice day
Have a nice day

You too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending