The Student Room Group

Are you a survivor of any kind of abuse or tramatic experience? Join this group.

Hi.
My name is Sunny.Side.Up and I am the leader of a group for survivors. Have you experienced abuse or something traumatic and would like to reconcile with others who have been through similar experiences? Join this group and we will help each other grow and heal.
I am here for everyone and anyone. If you want to talk about anything, I am here. :hugs:
You are brave. You are strong. You are a survivor.

The link to the group: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=4980

- Sunny :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Why?
Nice idea for a thread. I'm not sure how much I will read/contribute, as things are quite raw with me atm, but thanks for the tag :smile:
Thanks
Original post by sunny.side.up
Hi.
My name is Sunny.Side.Up and I am the leader of a group for survivors. Have you experienced abuse or something traumatic and would like to reconcile with others who have been through similar experiences? Join this group and we will help each other grow and heal.
I am here for everyone and anyone. If you want to talk about anything, I am here. :hugs:

what do you count as traumatic?
Original post by jackmarshal757
Why?

What do you mean why? Why what?

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Nice idea for a thread. I'm not sure how much I will read/contribute, as things are quite raw with me atm, but thanks for the tag :smile:

It was mainly just to share the group, that's all. Thank you though! :hugs:

What’s the point?

We can help each other grow. :yep:

Original post by Moonlight rain
Thanks

No problem beautiful!

Original post by Wannabevetnurse
what do you count as traumatic?

Anything that can lead to potential mental and emotional problems. Something that has happened to you that affects you (daily life).

TW:

Spoiler

Reply 8
Hi.

i don't believe there's such thing as recovery from trauma tbh. tons of people just lie and/or are delusional about it tho
I’m the survivor of many traumatic and horrifying experiences
Original post by Ciel.
i don't believe there's such thing as recovery from trauma tbh. tons of people just lie and/or are delusional about it tho

I never said we will recover. I said we can heal, but heal doesn't always mean recover.
I’m the survivor of many traumatic and horrifying experiences

You're so strong! Are you going to join the group?
You're so strong! Are you going to join the group?

Pfft no 🤨
I don't think I'd be of much use, but thanks for tagging me.
Yeah I had a really horrible childhood. I would rather not talk about it though. I don't talk about my childhood to just anyone. I need to be really close to you in order to open up. But I am more then traumatised by it all. Its left me with serious mental health problems. And talking won't really alleviate the suffering or the pain. I tried, and it doesn't work. It still lingers.
Pfft no 🤨

Why not?
Original post by Pathway
I don't think I'd be of much use, but thanks for tagging me.

Ok. You're welcome. :hugs:
Lmk if that changes.
Why not?

Nothing helps
Original post by Don Raul
Yeah I had a really horrible childhood. I would rather not talk about it though. I don't talk about my childhood to just anyone. I need to be really close to you in order to open up. But I am more then traumatised by it all. Its left me with serious mental health problems. And talking won't really alleviate the suffering or the pain. I tried, and it doesn't work. It still lingers.

I'm sorry to hear that. :console: Even though you said you don't talk about it, I'm here if that changes.
I hope you'll join the group. :hugs:
Nothing helps

Ok. Let me know if you ever want to talk. :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest