The Student Room Group

Don’t want to become homeless

I failed my GCSEs in school and have no motivation to retake them. I just dont want to work in a low end job because it will I wont be motivated, I just want to do something that I like but I just cant because I got U grades in every single one of my GCSEs. I wouldn't mind doing a low end job for a bit but I want to move up, I was thinking if I had to do a low paid job all my life I probably wouldn't want to me here because I would find it hard to find a purpose in myself just going to work everyday earning minimum pay

Scroll to see replies

I understand your situation, but you haven’t asked a question. What is your question so that people can help you.
Reply 2
Original post by ItsJcesar
I understand your situation, but you haven’t asked a question. What is your question so that people can help you.

I'm not sure
Ok well sorry buddy but no one can help if you don’t ask a question...
Reply 4
Original post by ItsJcesar
Ok well sorry buddy but no one can help if you don’t ask a question...

I wanted to ask what i can do with my situation
your grammar and spelling is better than most people who got a 4+ in their English Lang GCSE I'm surprised
I feel the same, except I’m about to fail A levels
Reply 7
Original post by FTheOpps
your grammar and spelling is better than most people who got a 4+ in their English Lang GCSE I'm surprised

I'm being genuinely honest that means so much to me and I really appreciate it mate.
Reply 8
Original post by jackmarshal757
I feel the same, except I’m about to fail A levels

You can literally quit a levels and do an aprentiship so I'd suggest that but only quit when you find one
Better to be homeless than soulless.
Original post by Anonymous

Don't know
I failed my GCSEs in school and have no motivation to retake them. I just dont want to work in a low end job because it will I wont be motivated, I just want to do something that I like but I just cant because I got U grades in every single one of my GCSEs. I wouldn't mind doing a low end job for a bit but I want to move up, I was thinking if I had to do a low paid job all my life I probably wouldn't want to me here because I would find it hard to find a purpose in myself just going to work everyday earning minimum pay

It depends what you want to do, does the career you would like to do very academic/need grades?
Being totally honest, it is hard to not have any qualifications, so I would work outside of academics, like sports, any awards, free online courses etc.

The whole issue with qualifications is getting into that first step up into the career you want, They care about qualifications because they have nothing else to base it on. This is why you need out of school CV things,
Apprenticeships are quite a good shout, though I wouldn't leave school until you've secured one. If you have any friends of friends that are in your careers talk to them. If you really hate school then you could try secure a temp job while you look for an apprenticeship.

Is the issue with your motivation, if so will that change when you go to apprentice/a job etc
is the issue with authority and the conformity of school, is your job suited to the opposite if that etc
I suggest you have a think about question that are important to your future and how you get there
Original post by ClaraFangirl
It depends what you want to do, does the career you would like to do very academic/need grades?
Being totally honest, it is hard to not have any qualifications, so I would work outside of academics, like sports, any awards, free online courses etc.

The whole issue with qualifications is getting into that first step up into the career you want, They care about qualifications because they have nothing else to base it on. This is why you need out of school CV things,
Apprenticeships are quite a good shout, though I wouldn't leave school until you've secured one. If you have any friends of friends that are in your careers talk to them. If you really hate school then you could try secure a temp job while you look for an apprenticeship.

Is the issue with your motivation, if so will that change when you go to apprentice/a job etc
is the issue with authority and the conformity of school, is your job suited to the opposite if that etc
I suggest you have a think about question that are important to your future and how you get there

Ok
Get the low paid job is way better than become marginalised, beside you've got to push yourself harder towards you goal. Have you set your goals? Is there nothing more motivational than your existence? I hardly believe that by studying hard you were granted U. You need to spend your time wisely, by that I meant be organised with your time, just procrastinating is not going to help.

The latter can be a direct consequence of the former.
Original post by ThiagoBrigido
Get the low paid job is way better than become marginalised, beside you've got to push yourself harder towards you goal. Have you set your goals? Is there nothing more motivational than your existence? I hardly believe that by studying hard you were granted U. You need to spend your time wisely, by that I meant be organised with your time, just procrastinating is not going to help.

I have goals but don't have qualifications to get them so they are impossible
I have goals but don't have qualifications to get them so they are impossible

How old are you? What are you studying? Also, what do you think you can do to make it better?

As long as you know what you want in life and in the hard work you can get there... everyone achieves things in their own way, and when I say put in the hard work that could be just making sure you know all the different ways to achieve your goal, because education can only do so much but the real life is about practicality and actually putting things into play which the system doesn’t necessarily specify

Like I was watching “rich house, poor house” and most of these “successful” people come from poor backgrounds with little to no education but live in the richest 10% and this could be a form of motivation to some
Original post by ThiagoBrigido
How old are you? What are you studying? Also, what do you think you can do to make it better?

19. I was supposed to be retaking this year maths and English but exams are cancelled and its killed my motivation to ever do them. I think I need to just pass my driving test and that will help me get a job like delivery driver
As long as you know what you want in life and in the hard work you can get there... everyone achieves things in their own way, and when I say put in the hard work that could be just making sure you know all the different ways to achieve your goal, because education can only do so much but the real life is about practicality and actually putting things into play which the system doesn’t necessarily specify

Like I was watching “rich house, poor house” and most of these “successful” people come from poor backgrounds with little to no education but live in the richest 10% and this could be a form of motivation to some

OK cheers dude

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending