The Student Room Group

Tall or short girls?

Poll

Tall or short girls?

Answer poll, and in thread share why you chose what you did.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sunny.side.up

i don't agree with your options. taller is sexier, but shorter is more compatible, eg. for girls who like to wear 5" heels, a 5ft 2" girl becomes 5ft 7"... especially tall girls also tend to be quite insecure about it, so around 5ft 7-8" is optimum but guys generally aren't that fussy

As a 5'6 guy, I wouldn't feel comfortable dating a taller girl, so I would date girls who are 5'0 - 5'5.
Tall girls. Because. Just a preference. Wouldn't necessarily say no to a shorter girl if they were say athletic and "gifted" in other ways :wink:
Original post by A Rolling Stone
i don't agree with your options. taller is sexier, but shorter is more compatible, eg. for girls who like to wear 5" heels, a 5ft 2" girl becomes 5ft 7"... especially tall girls also tend to be quite insecure about it, so around 5ft 7-8" is optimum but guys generally aren't that fussy

Ok, so both? It's just a preference really.
Original post by Couch Potato
As a 5'6 guy, I wouldn't feel comfortable dating a taller girl, so I would date girls who are 5'0 - 5'5.

Would you date someone the same height?
Would you date someone the same height?

Yes, but it would feel a little awkward when she is wearing heels.
Height is just a number, it’s the heart that counts.
im a 5' 4" girl so im right in the middle
I suppose by womens height standards, I prefer the tallest tall girls. 5'9 or 10 being the perfect height
Original post by CaptainDuckie

Let us consider that for one moment. Imagine a 4'3 male with a 6'2 female, would your comment still be valid?
Let us consider that for one moment. Imagine a 4'3 male with a 6'2 female, would your comment still be valid?

To be honest, I have seen unusual height differences in couples in my lifetime, both of them do seem happy. However, I don’t want to ruin this wonderful thread so I’ll just put my opinion and leave.

I’m sure @sunny.side.up is okay with this.
(edited 3 years ago)
Yes, but it would feel a little awkward when she is wearing heels.

True.

Original post by CaptainDuckie

That's right! But, you should listen to your own advice. It's the heart that counts not if they like Apple Juice or not.

Original post by V℮rsions
I suppose by womens height standards, I prefer the tallest tall girls. 5'9 or 10 being the perfect height

How tall are you?

TBH if you were 5'6 and were dating someone taller you should feel like the cat who got the cream hehe.
How tall are you?

5'5 :colonhash:

Spoiler

5'5 :colonhash:

Spoiler

There is nothing wrong with being short. :mob:

I mean yes it would. It is a cliche to say this but it really does depend on the individual. Once you get past a certain age/point in life superficial things like height/appearance etc. become irrelevant and sometimes you just want to be with someone who you're happy with whether that entails someone who can provide you stability and security (e.g. in the financial sense). Sure we have preferences as I expressed mine above but that's just it, a preference. But I'm guessing most here (given it's called The Student Room) haven't got to the stage where they're thinking about life-partners, raising a family, moving in together, buying a house etc etc.
There is nothing wrong with being short. :mob:

oh, oops haha, I almost didn't see this reply. Why did you put it all the way down there?... :flute:
oh, oops haha, I almost didn't see this reply. Why did you put it all the way down there?... :flute:

Haha, love it. How's the weather up there?
Not if they like Apple juice or not

Take my posts with a pinch of salt.

Quick Reply

Latest