The Student Room Group

applying to university while under investigation?

what happens?
Reply 1
Investigation of what?
Reply 2
Original post by Bio 7
Investigation of what?

a crime
Reply 3
Original post by Plufouree
a crime

A crime of which kind? Where are things at the moment in terms of the legal process?

Re your University application, are you currently applying for this year via UCAS?
Reply 4
a crime

Well I believe you will need to disclose that on the application but I can’t be sure of the rules. Depending on the outcome and the type of crime you may be ruled out of certain courses.
Reply 5
Original post by Kerzen
A crime of which kind? Where are things at the moment in terms of the legal process?

Re your University application, are you currently applying for this year via UCAS?

I'm not going to tell you what crime I'm under investigation for, that could incriminate me

let's just say cyber crime

my computer is being forensically analysed

I will apply for ucas in January next year, but I doubt it will be done by then
Universities don't want criminals.
what happens?

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/applying-university/criminal-convictions-what-you-need-know

“We only ask students who apply for certain courses for example, those that involve work with children and vulnerable adults, such as medicine, teaching, or social work to declare whether they have any criminal convictions, including spent convictions. This question will only appear if you’re applying for one of these courses.”

You won’t be asked if you under investigation at the point of applying.
what happens?

Nothing - you carry on as normal until your convicted.

Got a good lawyer?
Reply 9
I'm not going to tell you what crime I'm under investigation for, that could incriminate me

let's just say cyber crime

my computer is being forensically analysed

I will apply for ucas in January next year, but I doubt it will be done by then

I'm going to say this makes you look guilty.
Reply 10
Original post by Bio 7
I'm going to say this makes you look guilty.

who asked?
what course you hoping to apply for?
Reply 12
Original post by sy!¡
what course you hoping to apply for?

computer science
computer science

same as me :wink:

they only ask students to disclose any criminal convictions for certain courses and computer science isn’t one of them so i guess you’ll be fine.
Reply 14
Original post by sy!¡
same as me :wink:

they only ask students to disclose any criminal convictions for certain courses and computer science isn’t one of them so i guess you’ll be fine.

yes the problem is I don't have a conviction, I'm under investigation
yes the problem is I don't have a conviction, I'm under investigation

i doubt you’ll have to disclose that information either unless they ask for it. i’ve applied to uni already and they never asked me so i don’t see why they would ask you.
Reply 16
Original post by sy!¡
i doubt you’ll have to disclose that information either unless they ask for it. i’ve applied to uni already and they never asked me so i don’t see why they would ask you.

okay thank you
okay thank you

no problem mate

Quick Reply