The Student Room Group

2021 First year

Im starting uni this September (hopefully) and i was just wondering how it will be. cos i haven't applied to accommodation yet and if courses and lectures are online then whats the point cos i can stay at home and it will be much cheaper. But at the same time i want to make friends by going to societies and stuff
i'm in similar position, I'm going into 3rd year and i don't want to sign for a flat for september is uni is going to be blended learning or online.....it will be such a waste of money, I could have just lived at home this year! its so frustrating, I think students need advice for what to do in this position sooner rather than later
Original post by Anonymous
Im starting uni this September (hopefully) and i was just wondering how it will be. cos i haven't applied to accommodation yet and if courses and lectures are online then whats the point cos i can stay at home and it will be much cheaper. But at the same time i want to make friends by going to societies and stuff

Although it is impossible to predict the status of the pandemic in September, your university should keep you updated every step of the way. They have to adhere to government guidelines, and as these are constantly changing it would be difficult to give you a concrete answer however it is likely that it will be a combination of online lectures, seminars and workshops with timetabled teaching and other activities on campus. For us, this includes access to our libraries, studios and labs. Does your university have an online area that includes regular updates or information on what they predict learning in 2021 will be?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending