The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Accounting in KCL

I have applied for accounting and finance bsc for 2021 in Kings College London and I got a conditional offer( I need to get ABB). My predicted were A*AB, they have lowered the entry requirements for me but my friends were suggesting me that kings isn't good for Accounting that's why they lowered the grade as not many people do Accounting in kings but KCL has always been the university I wanted to go to and I reeky want to attend Kings.So anyone who does Accounting in Kings could you tell me how is the module and stuffs and if it is good or not ?
There is no evidence that that is why they have lowered the offer for you. I am at Exeter for physics, and their usual offer was around AAA, but I was offered ABC. I went to uni only to find out I was the only person given this offer.
I think that sometimes universities will lower your offer if they really want you and see a lot of potential. Sometimes, they'll lower a normal offer if the school you went to is on a standardised list of struggling schools (like mine was).

Moral of the story, if Kings is where you've wanted to go, and you know why you want to go there, then your surprisingly low offer should not detract you. It is a very good Russel Group uni, and a good grade from there will be worth a lot!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Do you think you were given a contextual offer?
Reply 3
Original post by bellaxotchil
There is no evidence that that is why they have lowered the offer for you. I am at Exeter for physics, and their usual offer was around AAA, but I was offered ABC. I went to uni only to find out I was the only person given this offer.
I think that sometimes universities will lower your offer if they really want you and see a lot of potential. Sometimes, they'll lower a normal offer if the school you went to is on a standardised list of struggling schools (like mine was).

Moral of the story, if Kings is where you've wanted to go, and you know why you want to go there, then your surprisingly low offer should not detract you. It is a very good Russel Group uni, and a good grade from there will be worth a lot!

Yeah, I got an offer for ABC but the requirement is AAB for King's biomedical sciences. It is up to the uni to decide for sure and perhaps they probably liked the personal statement or just saw potential.
Reply 4
Your kings offer of ABB, do you require the A in Maths?
Reply 5
Original post by kyrasb
Your kings offer of ABB, do you require the A in Maths?

Yes it does. But rn my grades for maths isn't that great. So, I am scared what am I going to get for Alevels result since they want A in maths and I hope I will get it since I really want to go to kings.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Yes it does. But rn my grades for maths isn't that great. So, I am scared what am I going to get for Alevels result since they want A in maths and I hope I will get it since I really want to go to kings.

Best of luck with your math grade is it determine by teachers?

im the same as you, i want to go to kings for the same course but i dont think i can achieve an A for maths...
has anyone not received a decision yet? Im still waiting on mine and i applied in december
Reply 9
im the same as you, i want to go to kings for the same course but i dont think i can achieve an A for maths...

What are your predicted grades ??
I hope we both will get in honestly
Original post by amanda123456789
has anyone not received a decision yet? Im still waiting on mine and i applied in december

Is it for accounting ??
Is it for accounting ??

yes for a&f
like this post if you are still waiting on a decision
Hey I'm looking into Accounting and Finance for University but I don't do A-level Maths. I do A level Accounting and have an CeFs in Finance from LIBF. I got 7 in GCSE maths. I really wanted to go to LSE or Warwick but they ask for A-level Maths. I'm not from a disadvantaged background or go to a disadvantaged school so no leeway. Will they still genuinely consider me even if I don't meet the requirements? Can I still apply?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I have applied for accounting and finance bsc for 2021 in Kings College London and I got a conditional offer( I need to get ABB). My predicted were A*AB, they have lowered the entry requirements for me but my friends were suggesting me that kings isn't good for Accounting that's why they lowered the grade as not many people do Accounting in kings but KCL has always been the university I wanted to go to and I reeky want to attend Kings.So anyone who does Accounting in Kings could you tell me how is the module and stuffs and if it is good or not ?

So did u end up going to kings? I have to meet the req of 2As and an A* with an A in maths but I’m still indecisive of whether it’s considerable

Quick Reply

Latest