The Student Room Group

Alevels for 2022

Spoiler

(edited 2 years ago)
I think we are definitely at a disadvantage- some more than others, especially since everyone has spent a varying amount of time in school due to self isolation and we have all received different different standards of online learning. I don't think exams will be cancelled but I'm hoping that we will get reduced content! If anything, I think people will be more lenient rather than harsher-- we are living through a global pandemic, after all :smile:
Original post by mochi101
Hi guys!
Most of you would’ve just had GCSEs taken away from you (class of COVID am I right?)
And here’s a little question, do you think it’s fair if we get to do our exams in 2022?
Most likely they’ll probably be way more harsher?
But do you think it’s fair on us since we WERE the class of COVID...
Do you think we’re at a disadvantage?
Personally I’m feeling very anxious lol especially for my as exams since they kick us off the course if we don’t get a d or our target grade above :’)
For me it’s an A (my current grade however is an e 🤡)

What do you mean you were the ‘class of COVID’?
Reply 3
Bruh why you worrying about your a levels in 2022 lmao. The current a level students have missed most of year 12 and now some of year 13 so have very little evidence for their a level result and we still don’t know how we getting out results
The current year 12 haven’t missed a lot only 2 months and you’ll have most of year 12 and all of year 13 as we will all have been vaccinated against I really don’t get why you would be worrying about your a levels in a year
Original post by Ht_445
Bruh why you worrying about your a levels in 2022 lmao. The current a level students have missed most of year 12 and now some of year 13 so have very little evidence for their a level result and we still don’t know how we getting out results
The current year 12 haven’t missed a lot only 2 months and you’ll have most of year 12 and all of year 13 as we will all have been vaccinated against I really don’t get why you would be worrying about your a levels in a year

You make a valid point and i completely agree and feel sorry for the year 13’s, but next year the current year 12’s will sit their A level exams with no prior practice under those conditions. All the predicted grades and so on are derived from SATS grades so they are being held to the performance they did at the age of 11
Reply 5
Original post by 5hyl33n
What do you mean you were the ‘class of COVID’?

That’s what they’re calling our year group that didn’t do exams during COVID lol-
Original post by mochi101
That’s what they’re calling our year group that didn’t do exams during COVID lol-

Oh, right.

I think it’s completely fair that you sit exams in 2022. You were ‘given’ grades for GCSE, the same can’t happen for your A-Levels.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending