The Student Room Group

MSc in archaeological science

Is there anyone who applied for MSc in archaeological science at Oxford ?
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zhongren
Is there anyone who applied for MSc in archaeological science at Oxford ?

Yep, fortunately, I have, mate.
Reply 2
I applied for the January ddl.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Guganesan
Yep, fortunately, I have, mate.

Wow, that's great. I applied for the January ddl. When did you apply? And have you already got the offer?If it is possible, could you please tell me something about your academic background?
Wow, that's great. I applied for the January ddl. When did you apply? And have you already got the offer?If it is possible, could you please tell me something about your academic background?

Hi @Zhongren, sorry for the late reply, had to leave town to apply for UCL. I applied just a couple of hours before the Jan 22nd funding deadline and still haven't heard anything from them yet. I'm actually more into Landscape & Computational Arch (plus a wee bit of Material Culture & Geo-archaeology). I had already completed my M.A. in Ancient History and Archaeology and my B.A. was in Historical Studies. Please feel free to ask anything that I may be able to answer to my known knowledge.
Reply 5
Hi @Zhongren, sorry for the late reply, had to leave town to apply for UCL. I applied just a couple of hours before the Jan 22nd funding deadline and still haven't heard anything from them yet. I'm actually more into Landscape & Computational Arch (plus a wee bit of Material Culture & Geo-archaeology). I had already completed my M.A. in Ancient History and Archaeology and my B.A. was in Historical Studies. Please feel free to ask anything that I may be able to answer to my known knowledge.

Did you apply for UCL? I have already got an offer from UCL. The programme is Archaeological Science: Technology and Materials MSc. And I still don’t receive messages from Oxford.
Did you apply for UCL? I have already got an offer from UCL. The programme is Archaeological Science: Technology and Materials MSc. And I still don’t receive messages from Oxford.

Wow, that's a really good course from UCL. I applied for their MSc in Computational Archaeology course though, since that's more Landscape archaeology centric than the Arch Sci. one (but would have loved to apply for both), hopefully for sure would be taking the Material culture modules from the 60 credit optional modules if I get in.
Reply 7
Wow, that's a really good course from UCL. I applied for their MSc in Computational Archaeology course though, since that's more Landscape archaeology centric than the Arch Sci. one (but would have loved to apply for both), hopefully for sure would be taking the Material culture modules from the 60 credit optional modules if I get in.

I hope you can get an offer as early as possible. And if you some news from Oxford, please let me know. It is really anxious for waiting.
I hope you can get an offer as early as possible. And if you some news from Oxford, please let me know. It is really anxious for waiting.

Thank you very much, and sure I will keep you posted on Oxford. Didn't receive any updates as far as now, but dearly hope you have applied for Cambridge as well.
Reply 9
Thank you very much, and sure I will keep you posted on Oxford. Didn't receive any updates as far as now, but dearly hope you have applied for Cambridge as well.

I have already refused by Cambridge. Mphil in archaeological science.
I have already refused by Cambridge. Mphil in archaeological science.

I'm really sorry to hear, but I sincerely hope you get into Oxford. You can apply for an PhD in Cambridge anyway after you have identified your field of interest during your masters.
Reply 11
I'm really sorry to hear, but I sincerely hope you get into Oxford. You can apply for an PhD in Cambridge anyway after you have identified your field of interest during your masters.

Thank you. I just found a PhD student for archaeology. He got offer a few days ago. Really quick. The master may be a little slow. Do you have friends who make an application?
Thank you. I just found a PhD student for archaeology. He got offer a few days ago. Really quick. The master may be a little slow. Do you have friends who make an application?

Wow, that's great. As far I know, I haven't seen any other fellow Oxford Arch. applicant, but I do know some who applied for UCL.
Reply 13
Wow, that's great. As far I know, I haven't seen any other fellow Oxford Arch. applicant, but I do know some who applied for UCL.

I emailed them 10 hours ago. However, there is no response now.🥲
I emailed them 10 hours ago. However, there is no response now.🥲

Busiest time of the year, I think the answer back time is two weeks or so. Don't worry it's not even been at a couple of months from the deadline. Will hear from them shortly.
Reply 15
Busiest time of the year, I think the answer back time is two weeks or so. Don't worry it's not even been at a couple of months from the deadline. Will hear from them shortly.

I just got an email telling that I will be offered a place.
I just got an email telling that I will be offered a place.

Wow, congratulations, @Zhongren. I got an offer yesterday too, at about 3 P.M. IST (9 A.M. GMT). So glad to know that we will be meeting in person. Happy that we both got in together.
Reply 17
Wow, congratulations, @Zhongren. I got an offer yesterday too, at about 3 P.M. IST (9 A.M. GMT). So glad to know that we will be meeting in person. Happy that we both got in together.

Congratulations for you!!! Hope we meet each other in October!
Congratulations for you!!! Hope we meet each other in October!

Thanks, I got the email from Claire, HoA, School of Archaeology. But I haven't yet received the official certificate of offer from the University. Think that's the one which quotes on the conditions to be meet. If you don't mind, can I know which college did you preferred? I had put down Magdalen College.
Reply 19
Thanks, I got the email from Claire, HoA, School of Archaeology. But I haven't yet received the official certificate of offer from the University. Think that's the one which quotes on the conditions to be meet. If you don't mind, can I know which college did you preferred? I had put down Magdalen College.

The same as you. The offer is an informal one. I have not received official offer. I selected no preference for college because I am not familiar with this tradition at Oxford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending