The Student Room Group

Very nervous to return back to work

I'm returning back to work tomorrow after being put onto lockdown during christmas so for nearly 2 months I haven't been at work. I don't fully enjoy working there it's quite stressful (I work in a private nursery, so long hours) Im scared to get stressed out my mind again, get hardly any sleep. I was handling it before lockdown I was happy I enjoyed working there for a bit then we got put into lockdown.

I'm only 19 and I'm doing my modern apprenticeship there. I haven't been at work for so long I'm really nervous, everyone I work with isn't very keen on me well have the bad days. Everything's changed.

I always get stressed going back to work... I don't know how to calm myself down.
Reply 1
I think your right to be anxious it is a big step going back to work and the world is very worrying right now maybe it may make you feel less anxious when you are there. I think you could talk to the manager about how you feeling it might help you get the support at work. You could calm yourself by meditating or doing yoga to calm yourself. Remember breathing techniques also. You could also take a relaxing bath, listening to music and do things you like self care is key! Talk to others about how you feel and other have a break from social media or everything now and again may be calming
Reply 2
Original post by Kat.02
I think your right to be anxious it is a big step going back to work and the world is very worrying right now maybe it may make you feel less anxious when you are there. I think you could talk to the manager about how you feeling it might help you get the support at work. You could calm yourself by meditating or doing yoga to calm yourself. Remember breathing techniques also. You could also take a relaxing bath, listening to music and do things you like self care is key! Talk to others about how you feel and other have a break from social media or everything now and again may be calming

Yeah the more I think about covid the more nervous I get of course the new children coming in and settling them is stressful too. I wouldnt know where to start talking to my manager 😭 I'm definitely going to take breathing techniques into work as they help outside work alot, self care I love doing! It always helps and always makes my day better. Of course reading the news is not helping so that's something I need to stop doing everyday. I might talk to my tutor about how I'm feeling maybe if I don't get used to working in a couple weeks.

Thank you :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah the more I think about covid the more nervous I get of course the new children coming in and settling them is stressful too. I wouldnt know where to start talking to my manager 😭 I'm definitely going to take breathing techniques into work as they help outside work alot, self care I love doing! It always helps and always makes my day better. Of course reading the news is not helping so that's something I need to stop doing everyday. I might talk to my tutor about how I'm feeling maybe if I don't get used to working in a couple weeks.

Yeah that would be good to talk to your tutor as they are there to support you. Yeah the news definitely doesn't help I haven't watched it in a while and it does help just watching it for important updates.
Your very welcome, I hope everything goes well :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Kat.02
Yeah that would be good to talk to your tutor as they are there to support you. Yeah the news definitely doesn't help I haven't watched it in a while and it does help just watching it for important updates.
Your very welcome, I hope everything goes well :smile:

Thank you! First day today and im extremely nervous but hopefully everything does go well :smile:
Reply 5
Thank you! First day today and im extremely nervous but hopefully everything does go well :smile:

Good luck, you going to smash it!
Reply 6
Original post by Kat.02
Good luck, you going to smash it!

Reply 7

How did everything go?
Reply 8
Original post by Kat.02
How did everything go?

It went really well yesterday! Everything clicked! But today was horrible and stressful and I'm having problems with a new staff member as she doesn't do anything or help me with the children! But thank you for asking :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending