The Student Room Group

Toxic parent

Hi

I’ve been home with my family for 2 months now and things have gotten to the point where I want leave. I stay in my room all day to avoid conflict and arguments and it’s having an impact on my well-being. I’m already behind in my school work because I find it hard to concentrate and focus. I think moving back to uni is the best thing for me
Do you have a place to stay at uni?
Reply 2
Original post by YaliaV123
Do you have a place to stay at uni?

Yes
Original post by Anonymous
Yes

Do you have your own car or will you need someone to take you? Are you in any physical danger? I’m not diminishing emotional abuse because I have a toxic parent myself.
Reply 4
Do you have your own car or will you need someone to take you? Are you in any physical danger? I’m not diminishing emotional abuse because I have a toxic parent myself.

No, I plan on taking the train. I’m not in physical danger just not in environment where’s there’s a lot of tension
No, I plan on taking the train. I’m not in physical danger just not in environment where’s there’s a lot of tension

You should definitely go if it’s affecting you that much. Feel free to message me if you need someone to talk to.
Reply 6
You should definitely go if it’s affecting you that much. Feel free to message me if you need someone to talk to.

Thank you very much
Reply 7

Question- if I get asked what’s my reason for coming back can I just say mental health and family reasons or do I have to go in more detail
Question- if I get asked what’s my reason for coming back can I just say mental health and family reasons or do I have to go in more detail

I’m not sure, but I don’t think you would have to give more details. Have you contacted the uni/accommodation office?
Reply 9
I’m not sure, but I don’t think you would have to give more details. Have you contacted the uni/accommodation office?

Yes, they said it was up to me if I want to come back
Yes, they said it was up to me if I want to come back

I wouldn’t worry then. The most important thing is for you to feel safe and I doubt they’ll question anything. I hope everything goes smoothly!
I wouldn’t worry then. The most important thing is for you to feel safe and I doubt they’ll question anything. I hope everything goes smoothly!

Okay thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending