The Student Room Group

Ucas application

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by 04MR17
No point in contacting universities if they haven't yet received the application. OP says that UCAS apply is displaying an incomplete message. Not track.

My mistake!
Original post by 04MR17
Phone lines will be open by 9am today.

Phone them again. When did you think you submitted your application properly? Did you receive any confirmation emails that your application had been submitted? Did any university email you thanking you for your application?

yes i recieved confirmation emails from all unis and I applied on the 28th I

Original post by 04MR17
No point in contacting universities if they haven't yet received the application. OP says that UCAS apply is displaying an incomplete message. Not track.

yes but it says 'referred' under all my universities in track
Reply 22
Original post by roshnijesrani

In that case do as I said earlier, email the universities concerned and ask what's missing. Check your own mails and junk mail, to see if they have requested extra info.
okay, just emailed them thankyou

Original post by Euapp
In that case do as I said earlier, email the universities concerned and ask what's missing. Check your own mails and junk mail, to see if they have requested extra info.okay
yes i recieved confirmation emails from all unis and I applied on the 28th I

Have you rang UCAS yet?
Reply 25
Original post by 04MR17
Have you rang UCAS yet?

Referred is normal. Just means the application has been forwarded to the chosen universities.

Everyone’s says referred - if that’s in UCAS track then don’t worry it means the unis definitely have your application :smile:
Original post by Euapp
Referred is normal. Just means the application has been forwarded to the chosen universities.

Original post by cait1606
Everyone’s says referred - if that’s in UCAS track then don’t worry it means the unis definitely have your application :smile:

The issue is not that Track says referred. The issue is that according to OP UCAS Apply is showing as "incomplete".
This is why they need to get in touch with UCAS.
hi, I did try calling them on the listed number, it did not work, I did also drop them a message on Twitter but they haven't replied yet is there any other way I can contact them, should I contact my university?

Ask the your highschool counsellor to help you out, or just call the number. I think the university email might help too.
Reply 29
Original post by 04MR17
The issue is not that Track says referred. The issue is that according to OP UCAS Apply is showing as "incomplete".

UCAS probably won't know what is missing as it's not all the Universities. I'd contact the institutions themselves. If the application was referred it had all the basic requirements. It's information over and above this that imo is required.
Original post by 04MR17

But if they’re able to log into UCAS Track then they should have a complete application else their referee presumably wouldn’t have approved it
Original post by Euapp
UCAS probably won't know what is missing as it's not all the Universities. I'd contact the institutions themselves. If the application was referred it had all the basic requirements. It's information over and above this that imo is required.

UCAS runs Apply. If there's a flag in Apply saying "incomplete" against one or more choices then UCAS will be able to help explain what that might be.

It's likely to be a college choice or pathway/major/language choice that should have been added under the "Additional Information" section for a choice.

OP needs to speak to UCAS not the universities to identify what the problem is first (it might not be a problem). If it is missing information under the "Additional Information" field then UCAS will be able to add that in on behalf of OP.

Speaking as an institution - if an applicant rang us about an error message on Apply we would tell them to talk to UCAS. We don't manage Apply or set the error messages.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by cait1606
But if they’re able to log into UCAS Track then they should have a complete application else their referee presumably wouldn’t have approved it
Which is what makes this odd which is why they need to speak to UCAS to work out what the problem is.
Original post by 04MR17
Which is what makes this odd which is why they need to speak to UCAS to work out what the problem is.

I got a reply back from UCAS and I also emailed the university, UCAS said that the reason it says "not completed'' on apply is due to the fact that the university has stopped accepting applications, as long as ''referred'' apprears under the universities in track it should be fine. I also emailed the universities and they said I have given them everything they need to process my application.
I got a reply back from UCAS and I also emailed the university, UCAS said that the reason it says "not completed'' on apply is due to the fact that the university has stopped accepting applications, as long as ''referred'' apprears under the universities in track it should be fine. I also emailed the universities and they said I have given them everything they need to process my application.

Great hope you are feeling less stressed now. Thanks for update. 👍😊
Yes. So the lesson is stop looking at Apply because you don't need it any more.
Original post by 04MR17
Yes. So the lesson is stop looking at Apply because you don't need it any more.

Yes but easy when you know! Thanks for responding btw. 👍
Original post by Scotney
Great hope you are feeling less stressed now. Thanks for update. 👍😊

yes certainly

Quick Reply

Latest