The Student Room Group

GPA of a top up degree

I hope you are doing fine. Recently I ran into a problem when I started to apply for a MSc in Canadian Uni. I have two BSc degrees.

One is Bsc general degree in physical sciences which got in 2013. For this my GPA is lower 2.1. I did computer science and maths.

The second one is a topup degree in computer science. This one, I received in last year with a 2.7 GPA. But this was a one year program and GPA is for the final year.

My question is will my GPA be considered as sufficient given 2.7 (for the last year) where the minimum is 2.3.

I also work as a software engineer for 7 years now.

Thanks for support. Highly appreciate.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Harold34
I hope you are doing fine. Recently I ran into a problem when I started to apply for a MSc in Canadian Uni. I have two BSc degrees.

One is Bsc general degree in physical sciences which got in 2013. For this my GPA is lower 2.1. I did computer science and maths.

The second one is a topup degree in computer science. This one, I received in last year with a 2.7 GPA. But this was a one year program and GPA is for the final year.

My question is will my GPA be considered as sufficient given 2.7 (for the last year) where the minimum is 2.3.

I also work as a software engineer for 7 years now.

Thanks for support. Highly appreciate.

You will have to ask the university specifically, there will be no general answer to this situation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending