The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

declined a place from my dream uni :(

Got an email to check ucas today and found out that Uclan have declined my place based off of my personal statement. I am so devastated - is there any chance I will be able to try get in again? :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Got an email to check ucas today and found out that Uclan have declined my place based off of my personal statement. I am so devastated - is there any chance I will be able to try get in again? :frown:

Which subject have you applied for and which other Universities have you applied to?
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
You could take a gap year, get some experience to improve your application and try again next year.
Reply 3

If it is a deal breaker on going to uni, you may need to try again next year. however, you could apply through clearing once you gey your grades but this will only work if the course is not already full
Lancashire university is your dream university?
Reply 5
Original post by Kerzen
Which subject have you applied for and which other Universities have you applied to?

physiotherapy and huddersfield, leeds, bradford, sheffield
Reply 6
Original post by Kogomogo
You could take a gap year, get some experience to improve your application and try again next year.

I suppose, that would be two gap years in a row and I dont think it would be a good shout - thanks for your suggestion tho!
Reply 7
physiotherapy and huddersfield, leeds, bradford, sheffield

They are all good places too. Are you waiting for decisions from all four of them?
Reply 8
Original post by Kerzen
They are all good places too. Are you waiting for decisions from all four of them?

yep, still waiting.. i think i will have to sit tight and see what happens
Reply 9
yep, still waiting.. i think i will have to sit tight and see what happens

There you go, then, still four to go.

Onwards and upwards.
I suppose, that would be two gap years in a row and I dont think it would be a good shout - thanks for your suggestion tho!

Some people take years to get into uni, the gap years can be really beneficial afterwards as you'll have more work / life experience than most. So i wouldn't say multiple gap years are necessarily a bad thing but if it's not for you then it's not for you.

I hope you get an offer from one of your other choices. You might end up really liking wherever you go to and one day think why you ever worried about Uclan. That physio job is the end goal so good luck wherever you go!

Of course you can try again, but unless something substantially changes why you expect a different result next year.
Generally id say dont pin your hopes on any one uni as ultimately how you approach university when you are their matters more not where you are.

I suggest you move on and look at your remaining options, onwards & upwards, good luck.
Original post by Kogomogo
Some people take years to get into uni, the gap years can be really beneficial afterwards as you'll have more work / life experience than most. So i wouldn't say multiple gap years are necessarily a bad thing but if it's not for you then it's not for you.

I hope you get an offer from one of your other choices. You might end up really liking wherever you go to and one day think why you ever worried about Uclan. That physio job is the end goal so good luck wherever you go!

thanks so much for your kind words of advice :smile:
Reply 13

I got rejected by Liverpool without an interview (I'm also applying to do physiotherapy, it's madly competitive), but then got an interview with Salford, did really well and got a conditional offer from them on the same day! So don't despair, hopefully you can go to a different university, just spend time preparing for an interview whilst you're waiting :-)
Original post by alihx
I got rejected by Liverpool without an interview (I'm also applying to do physiotherapy, it's madly competitive), but then got an interview with Salford, did really well and got a conditional offer from them on the same day! So don't despair, hopefully you can go to a different university, just spend time preparing for an interview whilst you're waiting :-)

thats awesome :smile: do you go to salford now? is it a good uni? I was looking at it a few moment ago actually haha
Original post by mnot
Of course you can try again, but unless something substantially changes why you expect a different result next year.
Generally id say dont pin your hopes on any one uni as ultimately how you approach university when you are their matters more not where you are.

I suggest you move on and look at your remaining options, onwards & upwards, good luck

thanks for your advice, appreciated :smile:
Reply 16
thats awesome :smile: do you go to salford now? is it a good uni? I was looking at it a few moment ago actually haha

Yeah, I probably will go to Salford (if I get the grades - I'm doing Access course, and they want all distinctions!). Salford are in top 10 physio courses in the country and so far the communication from their side was fantastic. They even called me after the interview to tell me that I got a conditional offer!
Anyway, hope you'll hear from other unis soon and it will be good news :smile:. Waiting is so stressful.
Original post by alihx
Yeah, I probably will go to Salford (if I get the grades - I'm doing Access course, and they want all distinctions!). Salford are in top 10 physio courses in the country and so far the communication from their side was fantastic. They even called me after the interview to tell me that I got a conditional offer!
Anyway, hope you'll hear from other unis soon and it will be good news :smile:. Waiting is so stressful.

oh my gosh! im also doing an access course! and yes they want all distinctions argh
That’s strange, I took about 30 mins to write my personal statement, applied with just GCSES and I’m already confirmed 😂
That’s strange, I took about 30 mins to write my personal statement, applied with just GCSES and I’m already confirmed 😂

what!? what subject did you apply for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending