The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Can I bring my non student boyfriend and friend to freshers?

I start uni in September at Birmingham City as is my friend. We want to go to freshers for one night but our friend isn’t a student and neither is my boyfriend (he may potentially refuse to go though). I have absolutely no interest in making any friends because we’re mature students and honestly we’re only going because I think it would be hilarious.

Would they let them in or would you need a student card?
Reply 1
Original post by DancingJester
I start uni in September at Birmingham City as is my friend. We want to go to freshers for one night but our friend isn’t a student and neither is my boyfriend (he may potentially refuse to go though). I have absolutely no interest in making any friends because we’re mature students and honestly we’re only going because I think it would be hilarious.

Hi I can only speak to my uni I don’t go to Birmingham but we could at mine. If it was on site they usually had to sign a guest form and you were responsible for them if anything was to happen
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
provided he doesn't need a student ID to access venues, yes. he may even be able to buy guest tickets even if that's the case.
Nights out in the city centre aimed at students - yes, that's fine.

For on-campus events it depends on the uni. At my uni some things are open to all and other things students can bring 1 guest. I can't find anything for Birmingham City online, but when they release tickets/info for freshers week I'm sure it will say.
I have absolutely no interest in making any friends

That’s a bit of a stupid attitude

I’m the same mature student just want to get on with it and general chat and want to know if my boyfriend can come to one

Hi there

Whilst I can't speak on behalf of every uni, I know that a lot of student clubs allow you to bring one non student friend as long as you take responsibility for them. That being said check with the clubs policies beforehand to verify as there might be a different policy for freshers week due to it being busy. The policy in our on campus club is that you can bring one none student but they must be in before 11:30pm and there is a 50 non student limit which is done on a first come first serve basis. Your best bet is to contact the club directly. Usually they're pretty good at responding on instagram/Facebook or you could always give them a ring. Hope this helps

Best wishes

Joanna :smile:
-Uni of Kent Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending