The Student Room Group

Which uni for Fashion Marketing 2021?

So, i received all my offers and i'm really struggling to decide between Manchester Met and Nottingham Trent !

I've done my research and can see that NTU has better rankings/ratings and seems like a good uni overall, but i'm wondering if it'll have as many job opportunities/industry connections as MMU considering Manchester is a larger city???

Part of me also feels like MMU is geared more towards the arty/fashion subjects, would the experience of actually being a fashion student be similar at either uni?

(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by emmatull
So, i received all my offers and i'm really struggling to decide between Manchester Met and Nottingham Trent !

I've done my research and can see that NTU has better rankings/ratings and seems like a good uni overall, but i'm wondering if it'll have as many job opportunities/industry connections as MMU considering Manchester is a larger city???

Part of me also feels like MMU is geared more towards the arty/fashion subjects, would the experience of actually being a fashion student be similar at either uni?

NTU https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/nottingham-trent-university-n91/courses/fashion-marketing-and-branding-ba-hons-2021-8a86c434b220 v
MMU https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/manchester-metropolitan-university-m40/courses/fashion-marketing-bsc-hons-2021-21c98cbc5850

Maybe this helps a bit................... until someone else wrote here
i’m trying to choose between these two aswell for these exact reasons. Have no idea!
Reply 3

Hey!!

Im having the same exact issues. I think I’m leaning towards NTU as you said it’s ranked higher and I feel the course at NTU best suits me. I’ve also heard the nightlife is really good x
Original post by ac5678
Hey!!

Im having the same exact issues. I think I’m leaning towards NTU as you said it’s ranked higher and I feel the course at NTU best suits me. I’ve also heard the nightlife is really good x

I think MMU is better as it has many links with the fashion industries. It doesn't matter the ranking Nottingham trent is this year, this university may be in the TOP 30 best universities this year and next year it will be in position 94 (which by the way I don't know what ranking is the university).
Reply 5
Original post by katherinemorris
i’m trying to choose between these two aswell for these exact reasons. Have no idea!

I’ve ended up firming NTU because it seems like a better uni overall, and industry connections wise they still have a good range! :smile: let me know if you choose notts
Reply 6
Original post by ac5678
Hey!!

I ended up firming NTU!! let me know if you choose to as well :smile: x
Reply 7
I ended up firming NTU!! let me know if you choose to as well :smile: x

Hey!

Yes I have I firmed it this morning xx
Reply 8
Original post by ac5678
Hey!

Yes I have I firmed it this morning xx

ahh yay amazing! what’s your insta xx

Quick Reply