Home Office - Single Competent Authority Decision-maker

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Looks like they have all they need for my clearance but my portal is saying:

We are still checking:

that the required level of security clearance has been obtained

Is this the same for you guys?
Original post by KoalaBear82
I also accepted my offer on 21-12-20. I’ve never been asked to submit a security questionnaire... the civil service jobs account still says ‘pre employment checks’. Not sure what the delay is to be honest, I’ve provided them with everything they have asked for so far. Very frustrating

The only thing I can think is due to the sheer number of people they are recruiting for these posts, maybe they are doing it in batches and I was just lucky enough to get asked to submit my questionnaire first.
Original post by Jkella
Looks like they have all they need for my clearance but my portal is saying:

We are still checking:

Is this the same for you guys?

That makes me feel slightly better!

Mine says

We are still checking:

your references, to confirm your employment history

Reply 43
Original post by Sac2021
Yup mine too. Just keep an eye out for CTC checks email which will have a link to NSV portal to set up an account and fill the form....the last hurdle before formal offers and start date...Almost there so good luck

More form filling? 😰 surely they have all the info they need after the huge questionnaire?
Reply 44
Original post by Sac2021
Yup mine too. Just keep an eye out for CTC checks email which will have a link to NSV portal to set up an account and fill the form....the last hurdle before formal offers and start date...Almost there so good luck

Did you have to submit bank statements with the NSV forms? I thought the CTC check on the portal was the clearance process
Original post by Jkella
Has anyone had a formal offer yet? My security checks are still ongoing and accepted the job end of December?

Hi i'm the same..was offered role 21st Dec, had my interview to show my iD maybe 6 weeks ago then filled my security clearance form in last weekend as soon as the link came through. Was a total pain as said you couldn't use apple devices which is all we have in my house!! had to go to my husbands work to find a PC ha ha!
Reply 46
Original post by cathoops
Hi i'm the same..was offered role 21st Dec, had my interview to show my iD maybe 6 weeks ago then filled my security clearance form in last weekend as soon as the link came through. Was a total pain as said you couldn't use apple devices which is all we have in my house!! had to go to my husbands work to find a PC ha ha!

Gosh I didn’t realise there was more steps in the clearance process, I thought it was nearly complete after submitting everything on the portal. Is the NSV forms very long? Did you have to submit supporting financial docs such as bank statements?
No bank statements required but you do need

*your parents DOB, addresses and occupations/maiden names and where they were born!
*same for partner!
*NI number
*previous addresses last 5 years
*address of current employer and name/email of your current manager

So have that all ready!

Took around 20 minutes i'd say!
Reply 48
Original post by cathoops
No bank statements required but you do need

*your parents DOB, addresses and occupations/maiden names and where they were born!
*same for partner!
*NI number
*previous addresses last 5 years
*address of current employer and name/email of your current manager

So have that all ready!

Took around 20 minutes i'd say!

Thanks for the info! 😊 hope to get the link through soon!
I started 2 weeks ago after getting my formal offer back in December after doing the awful pre-recorded video interview. They are hiring people in batches as there's 5 weeks of training so obviously they can't take everyone on board at once. All my group consists of internal candidates as presumably it was easier for us to start first as we all already had the necessary security clearance and HO IT equipment.
Original post by Laurra17
I started 2 weeks ago after getting my formal offer back in December after doing the awful pre-recorded video interview. They are hiring people in batches as there's 5 weeks of training so obviously they can't take everyone on board at once. All my group consists of internal candidates as presumably it was easier for us to start first as we all already had the necessary security clearance and HO IT equipment.

Hi congrats on your new job :-)

Just wondering whether the 5 weeks training is in the office or is it done remotely?

Thank you for the info! Hopefully we\ll get a start date soon xxx
I can honestly say that it's such a lovely department and everyone is really nice and helpful. All the training is remote and consists of e-learning, self guided presentations and then there's also live training sessions over Skype with our tech spec and other existing SCA staff. It's the best move I made applying here and I'm sure you will all enjoy it too. If you have any questions then just ask me :smile:
I can honestly say that it's such a lovely department and everyone is really nice and helpful. All the training is remote and consists of e-learning, self guided presentations and then there's also live training sessions over Skype with our tech spec and other existing SCA staff. It's the best move I made applying here and I'm sure you will all enjoy it too. If you have any questions then just ask me :smile:

sounds great! thank you for that. looking forward to starting now!
Original post by Sac2021
Brilliant thank you. I got made redundant, going through notice period now and free from April. This was the first and only job I applied for as thought needed to do something worthwhile (after years in a bank). Your post makes me think it is the right decision....the wait is killing me though and I keep thinking what if something happens at CTC checks and I lose this....but fingers crossed all goes well. BTW where are you based, other than home of course? 😆

wow great timing it's all come together! i need to hand my notice in and holding out for a start date as I'm on furlough at the moment (uni admin role)
Original post by Sac2021
Brilliant thank you. I got made redundant, going through notice period now and free from April. This was the first and only job I applied for as thought needed to do something worthwhile (after years in a bank). Your post makes me think it is the right decision....the wait is killing me though and I keep thinking what if something happens at CTC checks and I lose this....but fingers crossed all goes well. BTW where are you based, other than home of course? 😆

Aww I remember feeling just as paranoid with my checks when I did them but I'm sure yours will all be fine. I'm based in Leeds. Hopefully you get a start date soon :smile:
Are you able to confirm if we get flexi time? Or do we have set hours?
Hey guys, I've been given a provisional job offer at the Home Office (not for the role mentioned in OP's question) but since it's in the HO thought this would be a good place to ask.

My NSV SC checks came through as completed last week but my CS portal hasn't been updated and still says "we are checking that the required level of security clearance has been obtained". Has anyone else had the same, and how long did it take for someone to contact you with a formal offer after the checks were completed?

For reference to anyone else, I was given the provisional offer on the 16th of Jan, received the NSV email 2 weeks later to complete the long questionnaire and it was confirmed as completed nearly 3 weeks after submitting.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 58
Original post by HappyFugu11
Are you able to confirm if we get flexi time? Or do we have set hours?

The core hours should be between 1000 and 1500. Outside of that you should be able to flex on/off as needed. What most of my team did (well, back when we were still going into the office) was come in for 0700 and be off at 1500.
Reply 59
Hi guys, just looking for a bit of reassurance. It seems like a lot of you guys have received job offers and the fact that they are advertising 100 posts in this most recent intake gave me a bit of confidence. However, after searching online I have seen people talking about how challenging the recruitment process is and that potentially tens of thousands of people will be applying, which has left me a little disheartened. I guess what I'm asking is, from your experience how harsh are they when marking the competencies etc? Do they offer interviews to lots of people? Do you think this is this an unrealistic post for a new graduate?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending