The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by danixoxno1o-d
I dont think there's a thread for this, so we could start off by answering:

- top 3 unis
-predicted grades
- Lnat results
- reason why you chose Nottingham

Hi! This is a good idea as there isn’t a thread and I really wanted one.

Top 3 unis are:
Nottingham
Manchester
Birmingham

Predicted grades = AAA

LNAT results = I’m taking it this week due to circumstances

Reason why I chose Nottingham = it’s a beautiful city, it’s friendly, it’s great for student life, it’s green, and everytime I talk to someone about my options they all go ‘GO TO NOTTINGHAM’ based on the city and the university!

Also, I haven’t been accepted yet, if people could also say whether they have been accepted or not that would be great so I can see roughly what I need to get in my LNAT to be in with a chance! :smile:
Original post by student240902
Hi! This is a good idea as there isn’t a thread and I really wanted one.

Top 3 unis are:
Nottingham
Manchester
Birmingham

Predicted grades = AAA

LNAT results = I’m taking it this week due to circumstances

Reason why I chose Nottingham = it’s a beautiful city, it’s friendly, it’s great for student life, it’s green, and everytime I talk to someone about my options they all go ‘GO TO NOTTINGHAM’ based on the city and the university!

Also, I haven’t been accepted yet, if people could also say whether they have been accepted or not that would be great so I can see roughly what I need to get in my LNAT to be in with a chance! :smile:

That's great! my stats are predicted AAA & 23 in the LNAt, got an offer for AAB good luck!
That's great! my stats are predicted AAA & 23 in the LNAt, got an offer for AAB good luck!

Omggg well done!! How come you got an offer for AAB that’s amazing?!
Omggg well done!! How come you got an offer for AAB that’s amazing?!

I actually don't know, might be because I haven an A* in the EPQ? I tried the contextual thing, and I wasn't eligible for a lowered offer, but I was for extra consideration. Maybe they're being more lenient?
(edited 3 years ago)

- top 3 unis
-predicted grades
- Lnat results

- KCL , Bristol , Notts
-A*A*AA
-21/42
- the law school has a great reputation along with its good links to the magic circle and year aboard options in Singapore or Hong Kong

- top 3 unis
-predicted grades
- Lnat results

Notts, York, leeds
AAA +A in EPQ
LNAT 21 :/
Notts looks like it is highly regarded in general for law and the law school is quite big so there is likely to be a lot of alumni. It's also targeted by law firms. The campus in beautiful!
I am still on hold tho and the wait is killing me. Not rlly sure what my chances are.
Reply 7

- top 3 unis
-predicted grades
- Lnat results

-Durham(offer), Bristol(waiting) , Nottingham(offer)
-A*A*A*
- i really liked the campus and Nottingham is well regarded for law and also a targeted uni by magic circle law firms
I actually don't know, might be because I haven an A* in the EPQ? I tried the contextual thing, and I wasn't eligible for a lowered offer, but I was for extra consideration. Maybe they're being more lenient?

Yeah maybe, really well done regardless!
Original post by Geth071002
- KCL , Bristol , Notts
-A*A*AA
-21/42
- the law school has a great reputation along with its good links to the magic circle and year aboard options in Singapore or Hong Kong

You have great stats! And yesss their year abroad options are really cool I’m Definitely wanting to do it!!
Original post by Katieg0110
Notts, York, leeds
AAA +A in EPQ
LNAT 21 :/
Notts looks like it is highly regarded in general for law and the law school is quite big so there is likely to be a lot of alumni. It's also targeted by law firms. The campus in beautiful!
I am still on hold tho and the wait is killing me. Not rlly sure what my chances are.

You’re at the higher end of people on hold, people with around 22 and under are on hold so definitely don’t lose hope!!
Original post by Aliah06
-Durham(offer), Bristol(waiting) , Nottingham(offer)
-A*A*A*
- i really liked the campus and Nottingham is well regarded for law and also a targeted uni by magic circle law firms

Congrats on your offer! You have great stats too!
From what I’ve managed to work out from reading a lot of other threads, regardless of predicted grades (as long as they met the requirements) everything I have seen that I can remember consists of people scoring 23 or over in the LNAT have been accepted, and people scoring between 19-22 are on hold. Correct me if I’m wrong please!
Reply 13
I scored 20 on the LNAT and I’m on hold. Don’t know what my chances are. I think my application is strong though
Original post by Cf_101
I scored 20 on the LNAT and I’m on hold. Don’t know what my chances are. I think my application is strong though

What are your stats and stuff if you don’t mind me asking! :smile:
Reply 15
What are your stats and stuff if you don’t mind me asking! :smile:

A*A*A (already achieved) 8776666555 (not the best GCSEs)
- Bristol, Nottingham and Warwick
- International student, 85% GPA
- Thought it looked pretty nice as well as being targeted by the top law firms.
Original post by dednedred
- Bristol, Nottingham and Warwick
- International student, 85% GPA
- Thought it looked pretty nice as well as being targeted by the top law firms.

scored 23 on LNAT
Original post by Cf_101
A*A*A (already achieved) 8776666555 (not the best GCSEs)

Those GCSE’s will be fine for Nottingham with grades like that! :smile:
Reply 19

- top 3 unis
-predicted grades
- Lnat results

Only have a top two UCL (waiting), Notts (Offer)

- GCSEs: 777766666665 IB 41 pts (A*A*A equiv)
- LNAT: 23
- Reason why: the student life there looks great and it’s also very good for connections to commercial law firms

Latest

Trending

Trending