The Student Room Group

Friends with Benefit

Why do people find it difficult to get in a FWB relationship? I feel if you are both on the same page there should be no problem but that isn't always the case

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Reply 2
are you able?
Reply 3
Original post by Spanx
are you able?

The name's TheAble fam
I don't know either.

I've had a few -- they've been great! Especially in lockdown situations where you can't always see one person.
Reply 5
Original post by sy!¡

got something on your mind?
Reply 6
Original post by firemyst
I don't know either.

I've had a few -- they've been great! Especially in lockdown situations where you can't always see one person.

good to see its going well for you. How do you handle the relationship when it gets complicated? Its probably why some avoid it, don't you think?
Original post by The Able
good to see its going well for you. How do you handle the relationship when it gets complicated? Its probably why some avoid it, don't you think?

I haven't let things get complicated. If I feel like the guy is developing feelings, I'll break it off.

It is probably why some people avoid it because now a days, people won't talk about stuff -- they'll only post on social media. :-/

One rule of thumb to stick by with FWB relationships is to never see the person more than twice per week, or once per week if a sleep over is involved.
The name's TheAble fam

Xd
Reply 9
I haven't let things get complicated. If I feel like the guy is developing feelings, I'll break it off.

It is probably why some people avoid it because now a days, people won't talk about stuff -- they'll only post on social media. :-/

One rule of thumb to stick by with FWB relationships is to never see the person more than twice per week, or once per week if a sleep over is involved.

Damn, its even got rules. Theoretically it seems plain and simple especially when you are incapable of committing to a dating. Men seem to be the ones in search for FWB relationships, what about it make women not like FWB?
FWB is something I wish was legal.

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by ImagineNotDating
FWB is something I wish was legal.

Spoiler

xd
Well, I don't like the thought of FWB mainly bc that's how I got cheated on bc he had a FWB
Damn, its even got rules. Theoretically it seems plain and simple especially when you are incapable of committing to a dating. Men seem to be the ones in search for FWB relationships, what about it make women not like FWB?

Women probably don't like FWB because:
1) the social "stigma" of being perceived as a whore, sl*t, or something else
2) women have more problems than men in having sex without feelings
Reply 14
Women probably don't like FWB because:
1) the social "stigma" of being perceived as a whore, sl*t, or something else
2) women have more problems than men in having sex without feelings

totally makes sense
Reply 15
Damn. I understand your point of view. Its probably an issue when you are FWB when in a relationship. Two single people in a FWB seems plausible

Original post by Anonymous
Well, I don't like the thought of FWB mainly bc that's how I got cheated on bc he had a FWB
Reply 16
Well, I can't seem to get emotionally attached to anyone since my last relationship ended. Do you reckon it a good idea to get in a FWB relationship?
Uhm fwb's don't end out right, just saying.

Don't understand how u have sex with someone that uu don't have feelings for and possibly not regret it.
Reply 18
Original post by KewlKitten04
Uhm fwb's don't end out right, just saying.

Don't understand how u have sex with someone that uu don't have feelings for and possibly not regret it.

There's a lot of sense to that. It does turn out I'm not connecting with anybody anyway. that brings a new dimension to it
How do you even get a fwb?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending