The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

MSc Computing - Imperial College London 2021-2022 Applicants

Noticed there wasn't a thread for 2021 applicants for MSc Computing so I thought I'd make one.

When did you apply?
What did you study for undergraduate?
Have you received an offer and if so, when?
What other courses are you applying for?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by zcqs3103
Noticed there wasn't a thread for 2021 applicants for MSc Computing so I thought I'd make one.

When did you apply?
What did you study for undergraduate?
Have you received an offer and if so, when?
What other courses are you applying for?

Hey!

I applied on the 9th of December and studied Management with Finance at Warwick.

No offer/reply yet and I'm applying to UCL (MSc CS (rejected), DSML, and CSML) and UPenn (MCIT) as well.

What about yourself?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by zcqs3103
Hey, I studied Natural Sciences at UCL and I applied in January but my second reference was only uploaded a few days ago :smile:
I applied to UCL and Imperial for CS. Do you have much programming experience?

Sent you a DM!
Applied for Advanced Computing in early January and still haven't heard anything. Studied Computer Science at undergraduate.
Reply 4
I applied in October for the MSc CS at Imperial. Meanwhile, got an offer from Uni of Bristol, but have not heard back from Imperial as of yet. I studied in a typical business degree at Uni of Nottingham.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by riku272
I applied in October for the MSc CS at Imperial. Meanwhile, got an offer from Uni of Bristol, but have not heard back from Imperial as of yet. I studied in a typical business degree at Uni of Nottingham.

I’m in the same situation offer wise. Did you accept Bristol yet? They gave a pretty short acceptance deadline
Reply 6
Has anyone heard back yet? Been waiting for almost 3 months here
Reply 7
Original post by sgman
I’m in the same situation offer wise. Did you accept Bristol yet? They gave a pretty short acceptance deadline

PM-ed.
Reply 8
Original post by dub345
Has anyone heard back yet? Been waiting for almost 3 months here

Nope. I have also waited for over 4 months, but no answers as of yet. I will post here once I hear sth from them. :smile:
Reply 9
Seems the cs department has finally started issuing offers, according to the postgrad apps mega thread. Although so far only for advanced computing applicants. Hope they get to us soon, need to start making arrangements since some of us are coming from overseas.
Reply 10
Whew! Glad to see I'm not the only one still wait! Applied for the MSc in Computing Science just this Jan! Does anyone know if there are typically any inteviews as part of this application
Reply 11
Original post by xxbolt_
Whew! Glad to see I'm not the only one still wait! Applied for the MSc in Computing Science just this Jan! Does anyone know if there are typically any inteviews as part of this application

No there aren't usually, I applied in Jan too and am still waiting also!
Reply 12
Sit tight everyone, I applied in late November and still no news :biggrin:
Any news?? :smile:
Reply 14
not yet for me!
Original post by Anonymous
Any news?? :smile:
Reply 15
Hey guys!I received an offer for MSc in Computing Science at Imperial but I'm very confused about offer conditions. Can someone who also holds an offer reply to this message ASAP and contact me? I'd be very grateful!
Reply 16
Original post by Kiepsaa
Hey guys!I received an offer for MSc in Computing Science at Imperial but I'm very confused about offer conditions. Can someone who also holds an offer reply to this message ASAP and contact me? I'd be very grateful!

Congratulations! I have an offer. Feel free to DM me.
Reply 17
Hi Seshiru, thanks a lot for your reply!

I can't send PMs yet because my account is too young, so I'm gonna ask here (if you don't mind). What are the conditions of your offer? I got the following conditions:

"Subject to confirmation of the award of the Bachelor’s degree from UCL with First Class Honours and minimum average of 70% in 20/21 to be confirmed by ONE of the following methods [...]"

Does it mean that I have to have a first class degree and 70% as the final degree average OR a first class degree and min 70% in my final year?
Reply 18
Original post by Kiepsaa
Hi Seshiru, thanks a lot for your reply!

I can't send PMs yet because my account is too young, so I'm gonna ask here (if you don't mind). What are the conditions of your offer? I got the following conditions:

"Subject to confirmation of the award of the Bachelor’s degree from UCL with First Class Honours and minimum average of 70% in 20/21 to be confirmed by ONE of the following methods [...]"

Does it mean that I have to have a first class degree and 70% as the final degree average OR a first class degree and min 70% in my final year?

No worries!

My offer is unconditional -- barring some administrative items -- because I graduated a while ago.

This is a difficult one and I can see where the confusion lies. Unfortunately, it can be read both ways and I think you will have to contact the department.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful!
Original post by Kiepsaa

Congrats!!!, when did you apply, and what is your background?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending