The Student Room Group

Dropped out twice. Can I go to uni a third time?

I dropped out of (the same) uni twice, the first time due to mental health issues and the second time also due to mental health issues related to a death in the family. I want to apply to a new uni for the 2022/23 academic year but i’m not sure if my tuition fees would be covered by student finance?
Original post by otravlen
I dropped out of (the same) uni twice, the first time due to mental health issues and the second time also due to mental health issues related to a death in the family. I want to apply to a new uni for the 2022/23 academic year but i’m not sure if my tuition fees would be covered by student finance?

Do you have evidence that your studies were affected by mental illness for either or both drop outs?
If so then you can ask for Compelling Personal Reasons to mean SFE ignore one or both years of previous study when you apply for funding in March
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Do you have evidence that your studies were affected by mental illness for either or both drop outs?
If so then you can ask for Compelling Personal Reasons to mean SFE ignore one or both years of previous study when you apply for funding in March

I only have some evidence for the first time, but a lot more for the second time. do you think a letter from university, a letter from my doctor, proof of medication, proof of a death and a written statement by my mum would be enough to be granted CPR?
I only have some evidence for the first time, but a lot more for the second time. do you think a letter from university, a letter from my doctor, proof of medication, proof of a death and a written statement by my mum would be enough to be granted CPR?

I am not sure what the actual threshold is to be granted CPR. However, it sounds like you have a wealth of evidence, which is a huge positive. Just make sure university is the right place for you now, and you have the support you will need. You don't want to be in a position where you drop out again. Good luck. :smile:

All of those are acceptable in my experience. SFE aren't ********s (but they need some evidence in order to discount previous study).
The thing they;re looking for is evidence that your mental illness or bereavement had an impact on your studies.
Reply 5
Original post by Thorlim
I am not sure what the actual threshold is to be granted CPR. However, it sounds like you have a wealth of evidence, which is a huge positive. Just make sure university is the right place for you now, and you have the support you will need. You don't want to be in a position where you drop out again. Good luck. :smile:

the university i attended previously definitely wasn't the right place for me, which didn't help my MH.. but i'm getting help now and the uni (and course) i want to attend next is far more better suited for me :smile: thank you!
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
All of those are acceptable in my experience. SFE aren't ********s (but they need some evidence in order to discount previous study).
The thing they;re looking for is evidence that your mental illness or bereavement had an impact on your studies.

thank you for your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending