The Student Room Group

Will I go to jail for doing this?

The other night I was drunk, and snuck into my neighbour's garden, and glanced at them sleeping through the patio doors. I was dared to do this by my friend who I was playing Truth or Dare with. They never saw me, and I was out of there before anyone noticed. Now, I am anxious and feel sick for my actions, will I go to prison? I never stole anything.
Original post by Anonymous
The other night I was drunk, and snuck into my neighbour's garden, and glanced at them sleeping through the patio doors. I was dared to do this by my friend who I was playing Truth or Dare with. They never saw me, and I was out of there before anyone noticed. Now, I am anxious and feel sick for my actions, will I go to prison? I never stole anything.

naaaaah if no-one saw you your fine
Yes you will and deserve to. You trespassed and ultimately stalked them, vile behaviour
Original post by Anonymous

You trespassed into their garden, that is illegal. You then watched as they slept, which is beyond weird.
Reply 4
Original post by Mason_taylor16
Yes you will and deserve to. You trespassed and ultimately stalked them, vile behaviour

Original post by White Guy
You trespassed into their garden, that is illegal. You then watched as they slept, which is beyond weird.

I was drunk. Have you never made any mistakes? Not everyone indulges on alcohol, but we all make mistakes.. Illegal or not.
I have another thread explaining why, please do not bring this up on another thread. I will be willing to talk on my own.
cos he's white
Original post by MMtrapzz
cos he's white

Actually I'm Hindu, but this is not the place to discuss this.
Reply 8
This is an entertaining thread aha
Actually I'm Hindu, but this is not the place to discuss this.

oh
Reply 10

In the UK trespass is a civil matter. Therefore you cannot be arrested for it. You can be prosecuted privately however. You made a mistake, don't start telling everyone about it. Simply learn from it and move on.
Original post by scg123
In the UK trespass is a civil matter. Therefore you cannot be arrested for it. You can be prosecuted privately however. You made a mistake, don't start telling everyone about it. Simply learn from it and move on.

Very weird though, no?
It was a drunken dare, if nobody saw you you'll be fine. Nobody is gonna grass to the cops probably and I imagine you wouldn't be able to prove that you were actually in their garden as it would probably be his word against yours unless they had security cameras or something. I'm sure security cameras eventually erase themselves anyway after like a month so you'll be fine. Don't worry about it
Reply 13
Very weird though, no?

Depends what age the OP is to be honest. Early teens less weird, nearing towards 16 maybe quite weird. Still, at least they realise they did something wrong.
You cannot be arrested for it, but you can be prosecuted privately.
why do u spend time with friends u have to get take liquid drugs with and do stupid things. Find a gf or spend time with family, you will be grounded and a better version of yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending