The Student Room Group

Bengali girl AMA

Hi, I'm a Bengali as you can see, born in the UK though. I have seen so many of these and wanted to try one myself, but anonymously. My parents are moderate, and westernized - and always say that they don't want to restrict me. For example, I can wear things such as crop tops and shorts, however, my clothing style is more oversized (yes I'm iNsEcUrE). I am a practicing Muslim and so are my parents, and I don't know that much about my own culture as I was raised in a western and more focused on religion household. And no, I don't live in East London.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi. I am unsure what you are trying to ask. Do you want to get to know your culture better?
Original post by angelmt
Hi. I am unsure what you are trying to ask. Do you want to get to know your culture better?

AMA- is an opportunity for you to ask the OP anything you want.

OP- Are you syhelleti? If so do you know how to speak it?
Reply 3
Lollll nvm didnt see the ama. Do you find it hard to keep a balance of your roots as well as your more western life? What are the challenges growing up british Bengali?
You didn't see the huge "ama" in all caps?

OP- Dyu think angelmt is lying or not?
Have you been to desh? Which do you prefer UK or Bangladesh? Would you ever consider living there?
do you think Virat Kohli will score a century at Ahmedabad ?

:holmes:
Do u like fish? :holmes:
Reply 8
Original post by cleveranimal56
You didn't see the huge "ama" in all caps?

OP- Dyu think angelmt is lying or not?

Sigh. I just read the main bit.
Original post by angelmt
Sigh. I just read the main bit.

Twas a joke :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by cleveranimal56
Twas a joke :biggrin:

Just cant seem to keep up with young people and all their abbreviations.
Original post by Thecrazydoughnut
AMA- is an opportunity for you to ask the OP anything you want.

OP- Are you syhelleti? If so do you know how to speak it?

Yes, I am Sylheti, and I can speak some basic Sylheti.
Original post by Anonymous
Yes, I am Sylheti, and I can speak some basic Sylheti.

That’s so cool! I’m learning sylheti at the moment, and it’s so hard! 😓.
Original post by HumbleBee_x
Do u like fish? :holmes:

Sitol Maas with lots of gossa. 😌
Original post by Thestudent107SWC
Have you been to desh? Which do you prefer UK or Bangladesh? Would you ever consider living there?

Only been once when I was 5, I don't remember much, but we went for my younger sister's aqiqah. I liked how big my grandparents houses were, and that they owned large pools and lakes - however they were green. I don't think I would as I struggle in hot climates (over 25 degrees celsius kills me lol) and plus I don't know much about residing and going to desh. :frown:
Hi, I'm a Bengali as you can see, born in the UK though. I have seen so many of these and wanted to try one myself, but anonymously. My parents are moderate, and westernized - and always say that they don't want to restrict me. For example, I can wear things such as crop tops and shorts, however, my clothing style is more oversized (yes I'm iNsEcUrE). I am a practicing Muslim and so are my parents, and I don't know that much about my own culture as I was raised in a western and more focused on religion household. And no, I don't live in East London.

Me too!
Original post by angelmt
Just cant seem to keep up with young people and all their abbreviations.

haha
Original post by PhoenixRose338
Me too!

Wow1 I haven't met someone else like me! Can we be friends?
How tall are you?
Wow1 I haven't met someone else like me! Can we be friends?

Well, you're on anon so I have no idea who you are, but sure

Latest

Trending

Trending