The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Depends on the reason. If its because you hate trans people, yeah. If its because you want biological kids and that would not be possible ( among other things ), no.
N.
No it isn't
It’s not transphobic. It just means they don’t want to date someone transgender.
They aren’t saying anything against being transgender.
Reply 5
You're still straight if you date a trans person...
Original post by ed98
As above.

I recently had a debate with a friend about this. Wdyt? If someone said they wouldn’t ever date someone who was transgender would that make them transphobic?

I personally don’t think that would necessarily make them transphobic but interested to hear other people’s opinions.

your friend peobably dresses up as a fox and barks at people if theyre really arguing about that, youre right
You can't help who you are attracted to. So, no, it's not transphobic to not want a relationship with a trans person (if you aren't attracted to them). That can't be helped.
Original post by LovelyMrFox
You're still straight if you date a trans person...

no lol, particularly if they haven't gone through surgery.

and OP to answer ur question, hell no, don't let the trans community gaslight you into thinking they're entitled to ur body.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by ed98
As above.

I recently had a debate with a friend about this. Wdyt? If someone said they wouldn’t ever date someone who was transgender would that make them transphobic?

I personally don’t think that would necessarily make them transphobic but interested to hear other people’s opinions.

Since you asked, I believe it is transphobic, and wrong. You're not willing to date someone purely because they were born a different gender than the one they are today? That is not right.
Of course not
I dont think it's transphobic since when it comes to dating, you can discriminate against people for any reason u please, it could be because of their weight, their medical history, breath and if they're trans.
I don't think the word transphobic should be thrown around lightly like that, cuz if refusing to date a trans person makes u transphobic, I'd bet 99% of straight people are transphobic.
Nobody is entitled to your body. Remember that
No it's not.
Nah
No, just as it isn’t sexist that as a straight guy I refuse to date dudes.
No
Original post by Starfish_1
Since you asked, I believe it is transphobic, and wrong. You're not willing to date someone purely because they were born a different gender than the one they are today? That is not right.

So if you didn't date fat people would that also be wrong? How about single mothers? Convicted criminals? Tall people? People with blue eyes? Button noses?
I don't think so, choosing not to date someone isn't the same as refusing to be friends with, employ or be associated with someone. Lotta reasons go into it and I think saying it's transphobic is a step too far. And I say that as a straight guy who would be open to dating a trans woman.
No, I don't think it's transphobic.
No, sexual orientation, there is a clue in the name.
Sex =/= gender.

In the past conversion therapists would encourage gay men to sleep with masculine women.

It is not transphobic to not date someone because they are trans. It is, however transphobic to hate someone for being trans.

Pensus aren't vaginas, neo-vaginas aren't vaginas, phalloplastys aren't penises.
(edited 3 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending