The Student Room Group

Nin

Hello can someone answer me this can i use my national Insurance number letter when sending my birth certificate in with my provisional application To prove my identity?
No i dont have that
It's not absolute ID on it's own but generally is accepted as formal correspondence listing your NI number in the way as mail from the DWP/Councils/IR is
Reply 3
Original post by Jess_guest17
Hello can someone answer me this can i use my national Insurance number letter when sending my birth certificate in with my provisional application To prove my identity?

Yes, you can:

UK birth, adoption and naturalisation certificates
You can use a UK birth, adoption or naturalisation certificate, but you must send it with one of the following:

- National Insurance card or a letter from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) showing your National Insurance number;
- photocopy of the front page of a benefits book or an original benefits claim letter;
- P45, P60 or pay slip;
- marriage certificate or divorce papers (decree nisi or absolute);
- a gender recognition certificate;
- college or university union card, education certificate or PASS proof of age card (issued after June 2014)
Reply 4
Utility bills and bank statements are not what the DVLA want to see. The NI letter is perfectly adequate to accompany a birth certificate.
Original post by IWMTom
Yes, you can:

UK birth, adoption and naturalisation certificates
You can use a UK birth, adoption or naturalisation certificate, but you must send it with one of the following:

- National Insurance card or a letter from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) showing your National Insurance number;
- photocopy of the front page of a benefits book or an original benefits claim letter;
- P45, P60 or pay slip;
- marriage certificate or divorce papers (decree nisi or absolute);
- a gender recognition certificate;
- college or university union card, education certificate or PASS proof of age card (issued after June 2014)

Thank you for your help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending