The Student Room Group

When you get a PM but can't reply cause you only applied today.

Lol I just joined and already got a 'Hi' but I can't reply because they say I have to make 2 posts on the forum and be a member for 3 days. R.I.P.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Who on earth is pming an account with 5 posts? :confused:
This seems to be very common this last week, who is sending PMs to random new accounts?
Reply 3
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Who on earth is pming an account with 5 posts? :confused:

Honestly i don't understand :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by DiddyDec
This seems to be very common this last week, who is sending PMs to random new accounts?

Supposedly they only recently put the 3 day wait thing in place, hence why there are so many threads about it..
Reply 5

I don't know but its ok, people are tryna be nice ig :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by donburi
Sorry it's me LOL I completely forgot about this rule, do you have a discord?
again sorry for inconvenience LOL!!!

No but its kinda weird now that I think about it cause you could be like double my age no offence. :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Karmax
No but its kinda weird now that I think about it cause you could be like double my age no offence. :smile:

It's ok no problem, good luck with NCS! (by the way I'm not a weirdo and I am not double your age LOL).
Original post by donburi
Sorry it's me LOL I completely forgot about this rule, do you have a discord?
again sorry for inconvenience LOL!!!

Promoting off site communication is a major safeguarding issue which means it is prohibited, not sure that rule is actually written anywhere but it is enforced.
Original post by Karmax
Lol I just joined and already got a 'Hi' but I can't reply because they say I have to make 2 posts on the forum and be a member for 3 days. R.I.P.

Tag them on here, and explain the reason you cannot respond to them.
Reply 10
Original post by donburi
It's ok no problem, good luck with NCS! (by the way I'm not a weirdo and I am not double your age LOL).

We continue this discussion in 3 days time when I can PM
Reply 11
Promoting off site communication is a major safeguarding issue which means it is prohibited, not sure that rule is actually written anywhere but it is enforced.

Again I'm truly sorry, I asked about the discord because other groups I've seen have used it referring from TSR to discord because TSR wasn't suitable..? I shall read the terms and conditions again. please do not make a big fuss. Thank you.
Original post by donburi
Again I'm truly sorry, I asked about the discord because other groups I've seen have used it referring from TSR to discord because TSR wasn't suitable..? I shall read the terms and conditions again. please do not make a big fuss. Thank you.

I don't enforce the rules I'm just letting you know because it is an unwritten rule, which is really unhelpful on the moderators part.
Reply 13
I don't enforce the rules I'm just letting you know because it is an unwritten rule, which is really unhelpful on the moderators part.

It's fine many people have asked me that it's a common question.
Reply 14

Thank you DiddyDec for your kind information, I'll take this into consideration.

and @karmax you might want to delete this entire post - this much fuss/big-deal isn't good for my anxiety
Reply 15
Original post by donburi
Thank you DiddyDec for your kind information, I'll take this into consideration.

and @karmax you might want to delete this entire post - this much fuss/big-deal isn't good for my anxiety

Just ignore it. It's no biggy. We always need someone to keep us on our toes :smile:
Not anxiety wise of course. It was just a misunderstanding.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 16
All I said was 'Hi' and I get treated with tons of abuse/accusations from people here on TSR LOL - this sums up how sad my life is.......

'Just ignore it. It's no biggy. We always need someone to keep us on our toes'

@Karmax thanks for your kind words
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Supposedly they only recently put the 3 day wait thing in place, hence why there are so many threads about it..

Classic TSR, introduce a new feature and tell nobody :congrats:
@donburi there was absolutely no abuse, it's completely reasonable for people to point out safeguarding issues around you inviting people on a STUDENT forum that is full of underage users to a private discord and randomly DMing them. They're not condemning you as a paedophile or anything just pointing out where you may want to be more aware that your actions could look dodgy, That's a pretty decent thing to do as far as I'm concerned.
Reply 19
Original post by donburi
All I said was 'Hi' and I get treated with tons of abuse/accusations from people here on TSR LOL - this sums up how sad my life is.......

'Just ignore it. It's no biggy. We always need someone to keep us on our toes'

@Karmax thanks for your kind words

@donburi First of all your not the only one living a sad life. And my 'kind words' would be said by anyone who understands the situation. :smile: wow that is something I wouldn't usually say lol

Quick Reply

Latest