The Student Room Group

I need help with resources for AS level physics

Hey, I'm a student doing AS level courses for maths, physics, chemistry and bio. My exam results were great for bio, math and chemistry. However for physics, I keep losing marks for literally every test and the textbook isn't useful at all and mean AT All. I have tried doing past papers from both old and new spec and still mess up. I need suggestions on any resources like textbooks, past papers or anything that could help me out. Thx for taking the time to read...
Reply 1
Original post by Azim4411
Hey, I'm a student doing AS level courses for maths, physics, chemistry and bio. My exam results were great for bio, math and chemistry. However for physics, I keep losing marks for literally every test and the textbook isn't useful at all and mean AT All. I have tried doing past papers from both old and new spec and still mess up. I need suggestions on any resources like textbooks, past papers or anything that could help me out. Thx for taking the time to read...

Hiya! I found the CGP AQA A-Level Physics textbook helpful (not sure what exam board you're doing) but it's quite detailed and explains things well. I'd also recommend watching Youtube revision videos - can't seem to remember the name of them, but some videos explain things really clearly and also explain exam questions. Good luck! Keep trying and I'm sure your hard work will pay off :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Azim4411

Hi, I'm currently in my second year and doing the A-level. We used the Pearson Collins Textbook. I found that it had everything I needed. I would also suggest signing up for free at seneca learning.

This is the AQA textbook. Which exam board are you doing?

All this aside, Physics Exams are hard to get used to. For the first year, like the majority of us, I dropped large amounts of marks in the exams we did. I am now predicted an A*. Doing practice papers will help but it does take a lot of time top get right.

I'm doing the same four subjects but with French instead of Biology and have found it a lot but manageable even with four subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest