The Student Room Group

I failed Uni and I want to do OU instead

Hi everyone sorry this is long winded so i'm completely clueless i've done some research and can't seem to get the answer i'm looking for. I attended uni in 2014 and basically failed my 3rd year, I was allowed to resit the year again in which SFE supported another year of tuition. However I then failed my 3rd year again after my 2nd attempt so I didn't graduate. I've been looking at Open University as I know this can be done at home and online which would be best suited to me but would i be able to apply for student finance go support OU if they have already gave me 4 years tuition fee plus maintenance grant in the past for my previous failed attempt? I really want to give the uni experience another go!!! and I won't be able to fund this out of my own pocket even though i'm working. If anyone could point me in the right direction so i know my options and if i would be approved for a student loan from SFE. Thanks so much
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by TomConnor96
Hi everyone sorry this is long winded so i'm completely clueless i've done some research and can't seem to get the answer i'm looking for. I attended uni in 2014 and basically failed my 3rd year, I was allowed to resit the year again in which SFE supported another year of tuition. However I then failed my 3rd year again after my 2nd attempt so I didn't graduate. I've been looking at Open University as I know this can be done at home and online which would be best suited to me but would i be able to apply for student finance go support OU if they have already gave me 4 years tuition fee plus maintenance grant in the past for my previous failed attempt? I really want to give the uni experience another go!!! and I won't be able to fund this out of my own pocket even though i'm working. If anyone could point me in the right direction so i know my options and if i would be approved for a student loan from SFE. Thanks so much

Hi Tom, was all your previous study full time? Did you ever receive a qualification for the time studied?
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi Tom, was all your previous study full time? Did you ever receive a qualification for the time studied?
Thanks, Isaac

Hi Isaac,
My previous study was full time yes, and i passed both 1st and 2nd year and I think I received a pass for both of them years. Hope that helps
Thanks for replying
Hi Isaac,
My previous study was full time yes, and i passed both 1st and 2nd year and I think I received a pass for both of them years. Hope that helps
Thanks for replying

Did you receive a qualification?
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
Did you receive a qualification?
Thanks, Isaac

Hi Issac,
I received a certificate which stated a pass grade, I did not graduate or receive any other qualification only a PASS grade
Thanks Tom
Hi Issac,
I received a certificate which stated a pass grade, I did not graduate or receive any other qualification only a PASS grade
Thanks Tom

Was this a certificate in higher education? I advise you to ask the university if you did receive any qualification.
If you did receive a CertHE then it can affect eligibility.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 6
Was this a certificate in higher education? I advise you to ask the university if you did receive any qualification.
If you did receive a CertHE then it can affect eligibility.
Thanks, Isaac

The certificate reads;image.jpg
The certificate reads;image.jpg

As you have the diploma in higher education, you will be eligible to study at the Open University for a course as long as your course is a higher qualification. Therefore you should be eligible based on this.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 8
As you have the diploma in higher education, you will be eligible to study at the Open University for a course as long as your course is a higher qualification. Therefore you should be eligible based on this.
Thanks, Isaac

Thank you so much for your help Issac it’s much appreciated
Thank you so much for your help Issac it’s much appreciated

You're welcome, glad to help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending