The Student Room Group

Explore Learning video interview

Hi!

I have a video interview for Explore Learning and I was wondering whether anyone has completed one before? I really want to get this job since it is close to me and quite flexible. Please do let me know how it went!!!

Thank you x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The online interview process is quite straightforward, but a bit daunting if it's the initial interview as you are talking to a screen and your answers are being recorded and sent off. DO NOT PANIC. But the final interview process is really lovely. You're interviewed by really nice friendly people so it's nothing to worry about.Good Luck!
Original post by esmil
The online interview process is quite straightforward, but a bit daunting if it's the initial interview as you are talking to a screen and your answers are being recorded and sent off. DO NOT PANIC. But the final interview process is really lovely. You're interviewed by really nice friendly people so it's nothing to worry about.Good Luck!

Thank you! Just completed mine today and it wan't too bad. Hopefully I get through to the next stage!
Reply 3
Hey what questions did they ask you at the interview
Original post by icy098
Hey what questions did they ask you at the interview

Hey,
For the first video interview the questions were how are you a professional and credible role model, how will you engage all children, how would you teach Zainab this fraction (and then they gave an example of a mixed fraction and gave you some time to solve it) and how will you encourage fearless learning.

For the live interview it was things like why explore? Why tutor at explore? Have you been in a centre? Zainab is usually loud but was withdrawn one day when you were working - what would you do? If you saw a child being rude to another what would you do? How would you want parents to see you when working at Explore? They also asked about logistics too e.g. availability. Then they also send a maths and English test which you complete within an hour and it was easy so no trouble with that x

Good luck!
Reply 5
Original post by ellasimmons24
Hey,
For the first video interview the questions were how are you a professional and credible role model, how will you engage all children, how would you teach Zainab this fraction (and then they gave an example of a mixed fraction and gave you some time to solve it) and how will you encourage fearless learning.

For the live interview it was things like why explore? Why tutor at explore? Have you been in a centre? Zainab is usually loud but was withdrawn one day when you were working - what would you do? If you saw a child being rude to another what would you do? How would you want parents to see you when working at Explore? They also asked about logistics too e.g. availability. Then they also send a maths and English test which you complete within an hour and it was easy so no trouble with that x

Good luck!

Thank you so much xx
Reply 6
Original post by icy098
Thank you so much xx

If you don’t mind me asking how did you answer the question if ‘zainab was withdrawn what would you do’ x
Original post by icy098
If you don’t mind me asking how did you answer the question if ‘zainab was withdrawn what would you do’ x

No problem x

And I said I would approach them and speak calmly and quietly to them.
I would not ask any leading questions and will ask only open questions such as can you tell me what happened? It may be the case that they are just having an off-day but if it is a bigger situation, I will show that the incident is a priority. I will listen to the student and if there is a disclosure, I will not be judgemental. I will never reject something that they are saying though I will never promise the child that I will not tell anyone what they told me. I would be aware of who the safeguarding lead is and pass everything onto them.
Reply 8
No problem x

And I said I would approach them and speak calmly and quietly to them.
I would not ask any leading questions and will ask only open questions such as can you tell me what happened? It may be the case that they are just having an off-day but if it is a bigger situation, I will show that the incident is a priority. I will listen to the student and if there is a disclosure, I will not be judgemental. I will never reject something that they are saying though I will never promise the child that I will not tell anyone what they told me. I would be aware of who the safeguarding lead is and pass everything onto them.

Thank you xxx
Original post by icy098
Thank you xxx

No problem, if you have any other questions feel free to ask x
Hey,

Good luck!

I just did my video interview and I messed up on the zainab question. I was explaining it and didn’t realise the time went so fast so it just cut off and I wasn’t able to fully answer the question. I also has notes around my screen to help me. Do you think they would notice/ discredit me if they realised? Really annoyed as I really want this job.
Original post by Suniya.m05
I just did my video interview and I messed up on the zainab question. I was explaining it and didn’t realise the time went so fast so it just cut off and I wasn’t able to fully answer the question. I also has notes around my screen to help me. Do you think they would notice/ discredit me if they realised? Really annoyed as I really want this job.

The exact same thing happened to me with the Zainab question bc I found it was not enough time! However I still got through to the next part so I'm sure it isn't that deep!
I'm not sure if they would have noticed... Were you looking at the camera when talking? I'm sure it will be fine x
The exact same thing happened to me with the Zainab question bc I found it was not enough time! However I still got through to the next part so I'm sure it isn't that deep!
I'm not sure if they would have noticed... Were you looking at the camera when talking? I'm sure it will be fine x

Thank you that’s reassuring. I was looking in the middle of the screen 😬😬. Did you manage to get a job offer?
Original post by Suniya.m05
Thank you that’s reassuring. I was looking in the middle of the screen 😬😬. Did you manage to get a job offer?

I'm sure that's fine and they wouldn't have noticed! Yes I did but then I decided not to take it x
Reply 14
How many questions did they ask in total? How long did the live interview last?
Original post by eztrmn
How many questions did they ask in total? How long did the live interview last?

I posted all the questions above - there weren't that many qs tbh. The live interview lasted around 30 mins
Hello, did anyone struggle with the Zainab question? How did you break down the mixed fraction question? I think i might have been too vague with my answer. What steps did you break it into just so i know if i have another interview because i'm not sure i will have done well on it!
Hey,

Good luck!

hello! Please could you let me know how you broke the Zainab question down? I think i was too vague when i answered. What steps did you go through? xxx
Original post by student123499
hello! Please could you let me know how you broke the Zainab question down? I think i was too vague when i answered. What steps did you go through? xxx

Hi! I remember that I did not have enough time when answering this question. I vaguely remember that I converted the mixed fractions into an improper fraction. Then I said that I would make the denominator the same by multiplying each fraction by a certain number (forgot which exact number lol) and then I said I would add them together. I linked each step to the actual question but can't remember all the numbers

But I do remember that I ran out of time but was still successful so don't worry about it x
Hey. How did you answer ‘why do you want to tutor at explore learning?’

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending