The Student Room Group

Dissertation help

After I've finished writing one chapter of my dissertation, what do I say in the conclusion? Any advice or guidance would be so much helpful. Thanks

PS (My own uni's guidance are NOT helpful)
Tell me more
Original post by Anonymous
After I've finished writing one chapter of my dissertation, what do I say in the conclusion? Any advice or guidance would be so much helpful. Thanks

There are books on dissertation writing for most disciplines - law, nursing, psychology. Your library will have the books - perhaps in ebook format. There are lots of uni websites with advice. Here is one from Sheffield Uni and one from Strathclyde.
Original post by Anonymous

Hiya!

For my conclusion section I was advised to draw conclusions based on the findings and also the literature/ theory used in the dissertation. Conclusions will emerge directly from the analysis of your findings in your previous section of your diss. You can talk about how your conclusions will contribute to an increased understanding of the topic and research project as a whole.

You can also relate your conclusions to the research aims or questions that you stated at the beginning of the research project.

You can also look at the wider context and state how your conclusions will add the industry your research is in, the originality of your research (how your research started from a research gap) and how your conclusions will aid other academics.

Hope this helps! Sam- Official Student Rep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending