The Student Room Group

why do i weigh so much when i dont look like it at all?

im 19 yrs old, 5'1 and weigh 8.5 stones (around 120 pounds)
(my scale is accurate btw)
idk why i weigh so much when i dont look that fat at all.
i have a flat stomach, abs, thin waist, wide hips and toned arms and legs
i eat relatively healthy and know how much im eating.
i used to weight a little over this like around 3 years ago and i looked like how much i weighed back then. i lost the weight after this and looked pretty skinny. but then i did develop EDs. now i weigh similar to my previous weight when i was overweight but look nothing like i used to. im confused why i weigh that much when i look pretty slim?
i did start weight training recently so it could be from muscle but i dont lift that heavy.
I’m 19 too and I’m 5”4 and I weight 12 stone! I have a flat tummy and a slim body too. Please please please don’t worry about your weight (and I know that is easier said than done) but honestly, people weight different amounts because bones and muscles and different tissues all have different densities and it just depends how much of each you have. Please just eat healthy and don’t watch your weight if you possibly can, if you know you’re not overweight and you won’t be at a health risk then you don’t need to worry darling! Your body is amazing, and it’s doing amazing things like weight training (go you by the way! Don’t push too hard but you got this!) and you have to look after it. I hope you’re doing okay and I also hope you know that you are BEAUTIFUL! This post comes with all the love.
Xx
Reply 2
Original post by captainme
I’m 19 too and I’m 5”4 and I weight 12 stone! I have a flat tummy and a slim body too. Please please please don’t worry about your weight (and I know that is easier said than done) but honestly, people weight different amounts because bones and muscles and different tissues all have different densities and it just depends how much of each you have. Please just eat healthy and don’t watch your weight if you possibly can, if you know you’re not overweight and you won’t be at a health risk then you don’t need to worry darling! Your body is amazing, and it’s doing amazing things like weight training (go you by the way! Don’t push too hard but you got this!) and you have to look after it. I hope you’re doing okay and I also hope you know that you are BEAUTIFUL! This post comes with all the love.
Xx

Thank you so much for this! this is really helpful
ill stop watching watching my weight as i know how damaging it can get
you have a beautiful soul <3
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you so much for this! this is really helpful
ill stop watching watching my weight as i know how damaging it can get
you have a beautiful soul <3

I’m so glad, honestly the number of weight really isn’t a great example of overall fitness and health. I’m proud of you, whoever you may be. If ever you struggle or need someone just know that there’s someone out there (me!!) who believes in you and knows you got this! Xxx

Quick Reply

Latest