The Student Room Group

maintenance loan

Hi, I've lived in the UK for four years and have pre settled status, I was wondering if I would be eligible for a maintenance loan. I've worked part time for two years before covid. Does this make me eligible to apply as a migrant worker as I have a P60 document which I read is needed? Or would it be better to apply as a child of a migrant worker as I didn't work enough to support myself financially completely as I've been doing my A levels. Also how can you prove that you're financially dependent on your parents as I will be over 21 when I start my course in September 2021? Thank you.
Original post by vanda11
Hi, I've lived in the UK for four years and have pre settled status, I was wondering if I would be eligible for a maintenance loan. I've worked part time for two years before covid. Does this make me eligible to apply as a migrant worker as I have a P60 document which I read is needed? Or would it be better to apply as a child of a migrant worker as I didn't work enough to support myself financially completely as I've been doing my A levels. Also how can you prove that you're financially dependent on your parents as I will be over 21 when I start my course in September 2021? Thank you.

Hi, you will only be entitled to a Maintenance Loan when you gain full settled status or alternatively you can apply as a Migrant Worker.
You can find out about evidence here http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f

To apply as a child of a Migrant Worker, being over 21 years old. Can you state how you are financially dependent on your parents?
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, you will only be entitled to a Maintenance Loan when you gain full settled status or alternatively you can apply as a Migrant Worker.
You can find out about evidence here http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f

To apply as a child of a Migrant Worker, being over 21 years old. Can you state how you are financially dependent on your parents?
Thanks, Isaac

Hi thanks for the reply! I live with my parents and can’t work at term times so basically in every way.
Original post by vanda11
Hi thanks for the reply! I live with my parents and can’t work at term times so basically in every way.

You can send evidence such as :
- Your bank statements and their bank statements to show they transfer you money
- Proof they pay your bills

Our assessors will then make a decision.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest