The Student Room Group

Is this normal?

Hi

I’m a 14 yet old girl and I seem to have hair everywhere! Even on my face back and chest. Is this normal? Should I be concerned? Has anyone else had this before? Did you get some sort of treatment?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It’s all about hormones. An imbalance in hormones could be a reason. Other than that, it also depends upon your genetics. You should definitely get a professional opinion !
Reply 2
Original post by KMR5103
It’s all about hormones. An imbalance in hormones could be a reason. Other than that, it also depends upon your genetics. You should definitely get a professional opinion !

Oh my gosh really! Is it serious?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Oh my gosh really! Is it serious?

It could be...or not. See extreme hair growth can be a result of something normal like genetics or something concerning like a hormonal imbalance or a disease that cases hormonal imbalance. Which is why, your safest bet could be to consult a professional if you’re that concerned.
Reply 4
I have seen girls who naturally have hair growth on their face, back and almost everywhere and I have also seen girls who gained hair growth due to the above mentioned reasons. Like I said, it is either genetics or hormones!
I think it depends how much hair there is. If it's like small baby hairs then I don't think it's too much to worry.
it depends how much hair is there tbh. It’s quite normal though to get hair in those places, hair can legit grow pretty much anywhere.

corrected: hair cant grow on your lips, palm or bottom of your feet
(edited 3 years ago)
Yeah, I am 13 and I get that too. You are not alone :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by sumayaaa
it depends how much hair is there tbh. It’s quite normal though to get hair in those places, hair can legit grow pretty much anywhere.

Original post by Bbubble061
I think it depends how much hair there is. If it's like small baby hairs then I don't think it's too much to worry.

I agree!
Don’t worry this happens to a lot of girls! It’s usually because of a hormonal imbalance or genetics, but I wouldn’t worry too much about it if you show any concerning issues in regards to your hormones
Hi

I’m a 14 yet old girl and I seem to have hair everywhere! Even on my face back and chest. Is this normal? Should I be concerned? Has anyone else had this before? Did you get some sort of treatment?

It’s just genes and hormones. Honestly there’s no common condition for that, just get a professional opinion in person, from what I hear, it seems just like your growing.

Only 3 places hair can’t grow yeah
Lips, palms, and bottom of feet.
Original post by xDmochi
Only 3 places hair can’t grow yeah
Lips, palms, and bottom of feet.

oh damn, i never knew that. Will correct my post, thanks for letting me know
Hi

How thick is the hair?
bc this is normal for many people... is it the same for (some) members of ur family?

I use facial wax strips on my face and an epilator for the rest of my body :smile:
How thick is the hair?
bc this is normal for many people... is it the same for (some) members of ur family?

I use facial wax strips on my face and an epilator for the rest of my body :smile:

whewwww, how bad do epilators hurt on a scale of 1-10? I’ve always been interested in getting one but idk if i’d be able to hack the pain. I just wax everywhere but my face, I use them face razors to get rid of peach fuzz (i wax my moustache & eyebrows tho). It would probably be cheaper for me to just get one
Maybe a 5-6 ig. It depends.
(edited 3 years ago)
whewwww, how bad do epilators hurt on a scale of 1-10? I’ve always been interested in getting one but idk if i’d be able to hack the pain. I just wax everywhere but my face, I use them face razors to get rid of peach fuzz (i wax my moustache & eyebrows tho). It would probably be cheaper for me to just get one

I’ve tried getting my upper lip threaded and it makes me (unintentionally!) cry...
But epilating tbh doesn’t feel painful to me anymore and over the yrs the hair has gotten sparser too!
But the pain depends on the length of the hair in my experience... the longer the hair, the more painful so I epilate once a week...
Also with the facial wax strips I only use them when I’ve left my moustache for a few months... otherwise I use a facial epilator bc it gets smaller hairs out than waxing :smile:
Thanks for all your replies. I really appreciate it. Is it something you would recommend me going to see my gp for?

Just for a bit of context I was an early bloomer getting my period at 11 and I’ve stopped growing now too, I’m also on the fatter side.
How thick is the hair?

My back it’s not too thick (not like my legs or arms etc) but I think it’s thicker than most PE
Thanks for all your replies. I really appreciate it. Is it something you would recommend me going to see my gp for?

Just for a bit of context I was an early bloomer getting my period at 11 and I’ve stopped growing now too, I’m also on the fatter side.

Is there anyone else in ur family who’s as hairy as u? Bc if there are (regardless of gender!) then probably not unless ur really concerned...

Quick Reply

Latest