The Student Room Group

I feel like I've lost all motivation to work

Recently I've seriously been struggling with my work ethic. I'm finding myself unable to do preps. Anything which I am able to do, I sometimes do but often just cant be asked to, and if its something which I am struggling alot with I always end up getting distracted on random stuff like Reddit or Tiktok. I don't want to fall behind massively again, but I'm really struggling.

I also find it really hard to concentrate in lessons, particularly seeing that school is currently online, it is too easy to get distracted, and miss an entire lessons worth of work. Please help. What can I do.
try to put your phone somewhere else so you don't go on it

I use timers to keep me on task - you can start with literally 10mins and build up to get your attention back up

maybe try thinking about what you're working towards? idk what your end goal is, but try to use that to get yourself to work

sorry, this is probably all stuff you've heard before. Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by cactussalad
try to put your phone somewhere else so you don't go on it

I use timers to keep me on task - you can start with literally 10mins and build up to get your attention back up

maybe try thinking about what you're working towards? idk what your end goal is, but try to use that to get yourself to work

sorry, this is probably all stuff you've heard before. Good luck!

no that's useful with the timer idea. i do put my phone away a decent amount of the time, but i often end up getting distracted by stuff on my laptop when im working :/. but thanks for that timer idea, it reminded me of a few years back when I worked by working solid for 25 minutes, then having a ten minute break. I then just repeated that for 2 or 3 hours so yeah, thank you.
Original post by bgodwin
no that's useful with the timer idea. i do put my phone away a decent amount of the time, but i often end up getting distracted by stuff on my laptop when im working :/. but thanks for that timer idea, it reminded me of a few years back when I worked by working solid for 25 minutes, then having a ten minute break. I then just repeated that for 2 or 3 hours so yeah, thank you.

you can try and set up screen time limits on the laptop for certain websites - you can get round them but it might just remind you to stop doing that?
Original post by bgodwin
Recently I've seriously been struggling with my work ethic. I'm finding myself unable to do preps. Anything which I am able to do, I sometimes do but often just cant be asked to, and if its something which I am struggling alot with I always end up getting distracted on random stuff like Reddit or Tiktok. I don't want to fall behind massively again, but I'm really struggling.

I also find it really hard to concentrate in lessons, particularly seeing that school is currently online, it is too easy to get distracted, and miss an entire lessons worth of work. Please help. What can I do.

the self control app blocks any access to any website for a day or more, if youd need that?

Quick Reply

Latest