The Student Room Group

Workout help

Scroll to see replies

OP asked for workouts that would spot reduce specific areas of body fat. This can’t be done, and the best way to lose fat is mainly through diet. Informing OP of this is not insensitive, it’s trying to help them better understand how to achieve the desired outcome their original question was seeking.

If you ask a leading question that’s based on misinformation, then someone answers with the correct information, don’t get offended if it’s not the answer you wanted.
As people have been saying, a workout alone isn't enough to trim down or cut belly fat.
Best way to lose a bit of weight is to diet. But dieting doesn't just mean starving yourself with salads and an apple for the day - just reduce portions a bit, watch your calories, and maybe take a half hour walk/run every day. As long as you break a sweat, it'll be all you need.

Dieting is the key to weight loss, but it doesn't need to be extreme to see changes!
Original post by username5402638
Okay, the OP asked for workouts and not fat loss but if that’s what you think then thanks for trying to help!

OP literally asked how to get 'rid of belly fat and slim down thighs' which is an inaccurate question and thus has been corrected by me and others. The only way to get rid of belly fat and slim down thighs is to lose fat. No amount of chloe ting cardio videos will get you there unless ofc you get into a caloric deficit using them.

Original post by username5402638
Honestly, yes. I think we need to be careful, but that is just my opinion and I’m so sorry if I’m incorrect. Have a good day :smile:

lol so we should just keep feeding people misinformation just in case actual advice, that will help them achieve their goals, hurts their feelings or 'triggers' them? Would u also tell someone with a BMI of 30 they don't need to lose weight bc their loved?
Original post by isobel-M16
Thanks, really helpful

your welcome :smile:
chloe ting is a good workouts which had loads od workouts check it out

just search on google chloe ting workouts
and u might find the one your looking for shes got millions of followers on youtube...
Original post by kiraaaaaxo
chloe ting is a good workouts which had loads od workouts check it out

just search on google chloe ting workouts
and u might find the one your looking for shes got millions of followers on youtube...

yes she also has free programs

Quick Reply

Latest