The Student Room Group

Would you rather 1 partner for life or 5?

As in one partner for life or five separate relationships at least 10 years long with not more than a year being alone between. All relationship's are passionate and you both fall deeply in love, the break ups occur mutually because the spark has run out but you remain amicable, except for the last one who you stay with till you die. So would you rather love just once or 5 times?

Scroll to see replies

Just the one
Reply 2
ok that is sweet
Reply 3
definitely just one.
Uno
I got that one. Perfectly happy. :biggrin:
1, my biggest fear is getting divorced :frown:
Reply 7
hmm nobody wants some variety...interesting
Reply 8
if i have to date 4 times to marry the 5th one and forever after, why not? but 5 marriages, nah. I'll just do the one and be happy
In an idealistic fantasy, the more the merrier.

Pragmatically, one.
I think half of them do but not most which is why I fear that outcome. I am not sure what kind of cycle you mean, I am not married yet.
Well, it really depends. If the person I’m talking to (the one partner), gets progressively annoying or we become incompatible over time then it’ll make sense to keep switching relationships.

So to answer your question, it entirely depends on the context, if I do have to love 5 times I’d have to but I’d prefer not to. I’m pretty sure most people (if not all) will think the same, so I’m not sure what type of question this was
Original post by Anonymous
As in one partner for life or five separate relationships at least 10 years long with not more than a year being alone between. All relationship's are passionate and you both fall deeply in love, the break ups occur mutually because the spark has run out but you remain amicable, except for the last one who you stay with till you die. So would you rather love just once or 5 times?

once
Original post by CatGentleman
1, my biggest fear is getting divorced :frown:

Same

Spoiler

5 and why is this even a question? It's better on every single level.
Ecolier is that you?
Original post by Anonymous

Once!!
I dislike both these options slightly but 1
Boy needs love, man. I can't do that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending