The Student Room Group

so its like 10-20 yrs in the future

and new technology allows you to be re-born again by transferring your consciousness to an embryo which then develops into a baby(dont ask for the specifics I aint that big brained) but the question is.... will you take it?

Scroll to see replies

I have no idea what that is lmao
100%. I'd want to relive my life but like have a second chance. I often think about that tbh.
Original post by CatGentleman
100%. I'd want to relive my life but like have a second chance. I often think about that tbh.

I think about that a lot too :biggrin:
Hell no. There's a better than evens chance of being born into one of : a communist dictatorship, nutty Islamic state or general poverty. Second time round might not even last that long.

And if the lefties and fems get their way, you might just get aborted before you even get born.
Original post by Trinculo
Hell no. There's a better than evens chance of being born into one of : a communist dictatorship, nutty Islamic state or general poverty. Second time round might not even last that long.

And if the lefties and fems get their way, you might just get aborted before you even get born.

you could assume that they're protocols around aborting it and also you'd only do it anyway if you were really sure you wanted to have a child, but yh I see what you mean with the second thing tho I assume it would be country specific or maybe you could request which country you'd like to be born in
No.
Everywhere i have succeeded, i have enjoyed.
Everywhere i have lost, it is experience.

Good or bad, revisiting identical experiences is dull, no matter the context.
Nah, I'm okay with my 80 years (which will no doubt increase with medicine improving)
Yes and no.
I wouldn't take it in 20 years but I would take it when I have experienced this life fully which I presume is when I am old.
Original post by ruru06
Yes and no.
I wouldn't take it in 20 years but I would take it when I have experienced this life fully which I presume is when I am old.

.yeah I see what you mean, maybe their would be some age requirement for you too take it but I dont see why that would be the case
It depends how life is in the future, right now it's difficult but I'm sure everyone is feeling that way so I'm kinda banking on sorting my life out and finally get to live for once. I wouldn't want to throw that chance away and redo the lengthy process again.

To summarize it: no bc cba
No I wouldn't. Who knows what family I would have, what life I would have and what body id have. No, my life isn't perfect but I wouldn't want it any other way.
I have a child body even though I’m a fully grown adult 😊

I have to buy clothes that are for 9-10 years old.

No joke.
I meant my body shape itself is quite Petite. Therefore I can’t wear normal adult clothes as it will be far too big for me.
I've thought of this scenario on my own too, idk how ppl think so much alike xD And I would obviously take it up without a second of hesitation. You would literally be like the smartest kid in the world, and you would have so much spare time. Basically, kid celebrity :biggrin:
I don't get it. Do you retain your memories? Where are you born - same country?

If I didn't retain any semblance of memory then definitely wouldn't - this planet's problems are only just beginning. Definitely wouldn't if I couldn't guarantee being born in the West.

If I retained memories I mean, presumably you'd still be an embryo, so unable to do anything. Even as a baby you'd be unable to see properly or walk... that'd be a tortuous few years. And then you'd hardly live a normal childhood anyway if you had the mind of an adult. Probably pass on that too tbh - that amount of life extension probably not worth at least 3 years of extreme sensory deprivation and disability.

Or maybe you meant something else from this scenario I don't know!
Original post by nexttime
I don't get it. Do you retain your memories? Where are you born - same country?

If I didn't retain any semblance of memory then definitely wouldn't - this planet's problems are only just beginning. Definitely wouldn't if I couldn't guarantee being born in the West.

If I retained memories I mean, presumably you'd still be an embryo, so unable to do anything. Even as a baby you'd be unable to see properly or walk... that'd be a tortuous few years. And then you'd hardly live a normal childhood anyway if you had the mind of an adult. Probably pass on that too tbh - that amount of life extension probably not worth at least 3 years of extreme sensory deprivation and disability.

Or maybe you meant something else from this scenario I don't know!

yh you wouldnt retain memories of your past life only your consciousness is transferred, I would think that their would be a system where you could choose which your embryo goes to if you wish to experience a different life somewhere but yh you can stay in the same country if you wish.
Original post by nikkiblonsky
yh you wouldnt retain memories of your past life only your consciousness is transferred, I would think that their would be a system where you could choose which your embryo goes to if you wish to experience a different life somewhere but yh you can stay in the same country if you wish.

So... to me that just sounds like volunteering for suicide, on the condition that a clone/twin of you gets to start again. I wouldn't consider that embryo to be 'you', if it has none of your memories and none of your social or physical connections to life. Its just a clone.

I'm good thanks!
It’s 10-20 years later: the monarchy has been abolished and every last member has been rounded up and imprisoned, Christians are forced to practise in private or risk being imprisoned due to the fact that our freedom of religion laws were abolished, the U.K. is under rule by a de facto communist ruler. SJWs and libs hold all the available power there is.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by nexttime
So... to me that just sounds like volunteering for suicide, on the condition that a clone/twin of you gets to start again. I wouldn't consider that embryo to be 'you', if it has none of your memories and none of your social or physical connections to life. Its just a clone.

I'm good thanks!

I mean the clone twin is technically still you its just.. you are in another body

Quick Reply

Latest