The Student Room Group

PwC Virtual Career Focus Day 2021

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Rose09876543
Honestly don't give up. I had many rejections before landing an offer from PWC! If there's one thing I learnt is keep trying, and you will see, each time you apply you'll get better. I didn't do amazing at my assessment centre either, but I think they are looking more at if you have potential, rather than being a perfect candidate. Good Luck!

Wow you were right. Just got an offer from pwc. Good luck to everyone!
Original post by JRiver
Wow you were right. Just got an offer from pwc. Good luck to everyone!

That's great! Congratulations πŸŽ‰
Reply 62
Hey guys, do any of you remember the questions you got asked at the career conversion stage (pre-recorded interview). Just been invited to this stage and so any help would be massively appreciated!
Original post by Rose09876543
That's great! Congratulations πŸŽ‰

Has anyone any advice for the virtual assessment day, I have mine in two weeks and want to be prepared
Did my Career Focus Day over four weeks ago, PwC told me they would tell me my result in due course. How long did people wait to get a response?
Original post by EMhope999
Did my Career Focus Day over four weeks ago, PwC told me they would tell me my result in due course. How long did people wait to get a response?

How is the career focus day? What can I expect is there an interview or is it just group work.

A friend who did the session in person last year said they contacted them the next day after the assesment to confirm a place. It can be different depending on whether pwc hire on a rolling basis for that programme or not
Original post by Mmoore7900
How is the career focus day? What can I expect is there an interview or is it just group work.

A friend who did the session in person last year said they contacted them the next day after the assesment to confirm a place. It can be different depending on whether pwc hire on a rolling basis for that programme or not

Okay, they just emailed me 2 weeks after it and said my outcome is still under review. During the day there is an interview and group activity and some independent ones just like a normal assessment centre. Good luck with it though.
Original post by EMhope999
Okay, they just emailed me 2 weeks after it and said my outcome is still under review. During the day there is an interview and group activity and some independent ones just like a normal assessment centre. Good luck with it though.

Thanks good luck to you too- pwc prob just haven’t got back to anyone yet and are waiting for everyone to finish if they’ve only a number of places.
Hi what are of the company did you apply to? I've got my Career Focus Day coming up too
Original post by Atul_singh97
Hi what are of the company did you apply to? I've got my Career Focus Day coming up too

I applied for tech
Hello I have my virtual AC in few days but mines for management consulting. Can’t find anything regarding this line of service for the virtual AC. Pls if anyone knows the structure and what the day will entail of, let me know. :frown: Is it gonna have numerical stuff?? Appreciate it a lot!
Reply 71
Original post by vaselinebruv
Hello I have my virtual AC in few days but mines for management consulting. Can’t find anything regarding this line of service for the virtual AC. Pls if anyone knows the structure and what the day will entail of, let me know. :frown: Is it gonna have numerical stuff?? Appreciate it a lot!

Hi,
Have you heard back from your AC yet? I hope you get /got the position
Hi! I just did my AC.
It was really interesting, but the tasks were quite difficult. Once you get the interview out of the way its quite fun.
Original post by Txpiwx
Hi,
Have you heard back from your AC yet? I hope you get /got the position

Hi, yeah they called today, I didn’t get it sadly. It was my fault though I knew I messed up because I didn’t read one of the emails which said I had to prepare for the group meeting 45 mins before it. So when I did it, I was trying to read the document during the meeting and it was shambles and they clocked on.

She said I did really good in the interview, numerical and written. It was just my lack of preparation for the group work that let me down ahh
Reply 74
Original post by vaselinebruv
Hi, yeah they called today, I didn’t get it sadly. It was my fault though I knew I messed up because I didn’t read one of the emails which said I had to prepare for the group meeting 45 mins before it. So when I did it, I was trying to read the document during the meeting and it was shambles and they clocked on.

She said I did really good in the interview, numerical and written. It was just my lack of preparation for the group work that let me down ahh

In six months we go again πŸ’ͺ🏾
I also have a pwc AC in a few days time- most worried about the written task and being able to read my information for the group!
How long does it take to hear back after the assessment? I did mine on 11 may and applied for the woman in business program. I'm getting nervous that I didn't get it as I didn't do amazing. But still holding onto hope.
@LunarJelly11 hello, my AC is on Friday and I've also applied for tax. do you have any tips for the written report eg structure, what to focus on, how long to spend on it etc? thank you
Reply 78
Original post by Techstoodent
Let us know how it went please so we can all benefit. Thank u and I hope u guys do well. I applied for the forensic technology

Hi! I hope it went well for you. I'm applying for the same scheme and was wondering if you'd mind explaining a bit about the career focus day to me. Thank you so much either way.
Hi guys I'm applying for the management consulting role in London anyone else??

Quick Reply

Latest