The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Interviews

hey there, I've received and accepted an interview invite for nursing at Glasgow.

has anyone sat an interview at Glasgow yet (or sat in the nursing interview) and are able to give some tips on what i should know before going in to the interview?
Does each person who gets an offer need to have an interview? I’m not from the uk and I always thought it’s only universities such as Oxford or Cambridge which require those..
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by Nataliane_
Does each person who gets an offer need to have an interview? I’m not from the uk and I always thought it’s only universities such as Oxford or Cambridge which require those..

For certain subjects such as medicine, nursing, vet medicine and dentistry. Kinda like people subjects I guess? Other courses can require interviews as well but that’s really university dependent.

Oxbridge do interviews for all subjects though.
Original post by Anonymous
For certain subjects such as medicine, nursing, vet medicine and dentistry. Kinda like people subjects I guess? Other courses can require interviews as well but that’s really university dependent.

Oxbridge do interviews for all subjects though.

Do you maybe know if that’s the case with Law undergraduate?
Original post by Nataliane_
Do you maybe know if that’s the case with Law undergraduate?

No I don’t think so apart from Oxbridge.
Original post by Anonymous
No I don’t think so apart from Oxbridge.

Oh I hope so, thank you.
Does anyone know how long after a nursing interview before you’re given an acceptance or rejection? It’s been three weeks since mine and I haven’t heard back.
Original post by SallyColquhoun
Does anyone know how long after a nursing interview before you’re given an acceptance or rejection? It’s been three weeks since mine and I haven’t heard back.

I wouldn’t worry, I had an interview in December for medicine and still haven’t heard back. Don’t stress, I’m sure you’ll hear soon.

I think they have until May to send offers out, so I wouldn’t worry too much. I got a response two weeks after my first interview but was told 1-4 weeks was the turn around right now.

OP - I’m also applying for nursing, not at Glasgow though. So far my interviews have been good! They’re not trying to trick you or anything, know the 6Cs and the NHS values and NMC Future Nurse and you’ll be good! Really it’s an opportunity to see if you like them too so have a few things to ask at the end :smile:

I received an offer 1 week after my interview but was also told it would be at least another 4 weeks.
I’m still waiting to hear back, four weeks today 😢
I’m sure you will hear soon, from what I’ve heard nursing applicants for Scotland are up a third this year so they must be very busy. Best of luck to you though. 😀

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending