The Student Room Group

family issues

my grandad hates us. My grandad has 2 children one is my auntie and one is my mum. He loves my aunties children he just the perfect and lovely grandpa that everyone loves to them. He gives them advice, he laughs with them, plays board game with them, gives money to them and everything. So my grandad's other kid who is my mum, he hates us. Deeply. He is the EXACT opposite of the way he is with them to us. He wants to see us fail, when we do something wrong like every child does, like for example i dont wash the dishes, he would laugh, and tell everybody what i did, including my auntie and her children and he adds extra lies to it to make me look bad, even if i defend myself, who are they going to believe me or my old grandpa?. But if they do something wrong he comes up with a plan with them so we don't find out. He calls us by very nasty words, but he calls them with daugher, or my dear. We take care of him and in somali culture usually we take care of our old people, and we gladly do it, (care home is just not an option) we serve him try to laugh and joke with him but he doesn't care. I live with him and see him everyday we do almost everything for him, but he doesn't appreciate us. He hurts us instead. mentally. he plays with our heads. we're still kids but he just mentally just hurts us. When we come downstairs we want to relax but he complains about why we are in our pj's when coming down to eat breakfast or why we have snacks, when my parents don't have a problem with it, we've addressed him about what we feel so many times, but he just went and told everybody he could see what we did and made up some lies as well, but like i said before who are they going to believe? It hurts a lot because i do love my ggrandpa but he justs causes so much pain. my aunties kids also just take advantage of the fact that he likes them more than us, and rub it in our face even more. he mentally tortures my dad too. but my parent s have been married for nearly 32 years and my grandad has always hurt my dad in every possible way but be lovely to my aunties husband. My mum and auntie get along okayish not the best sibling relationship, but not good enough to help with the situation. I cry everyday when he hurts me or my dad and im just sick of it, he is so mean and i dont know what to do or think or any way to solve the situation. anything would help guys x
I’m sorry he’s doing that to you even if he’s older than you he should still respect you I think you should genuinely try to avoid him or even stand up to him and ask him whys he treating you like that Cos Abusive behaviour isn’t okay
Reply 2
Original post by jamiee2004
I’m sorry he’s doing that to you even if he’s older than you he should still respect you I think you should genuinely try to avoid him or even stand up to him and ask him whys he treating you like that Cos Abusive behaviour isn’t okay

thank you for the response..I can't avoid him he lives with us. And we have to be there for him otherwise his health would get even worse.
Has your mum tried to speak to him about the way he behaves? Can your aunt look after him for a while?
Reply 4
Original post by YaliaV123
Has your mum tried to speak to him about the way he behaves? Can your aunt look after him for a while?

my aunt hates us too my grandad and her gossip about it together. if my mum addresses it he will also just make lies up and tell everyone. I thought that because its covid now nobody would come to our house so i was happy for a while. until i found it he does the exact same thing he did in person on the phone. even though we don't have guests it still feels the same because he just calls everyone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending