The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mariam_H
Ok have you applied to any university in Spain yet or are you still deciding as i been told is that places are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis

So I've been offered a place at UEV and I've reserved my place. I believe the theory is 100% English with the clinical work from years 4 and 5 particularly with regards to patient communication being in Spanish. I think the same may apply to UCV so I just decided to go ahead with UEV.
Ok have you applied to any university in Spain yet or are you still deciding as i been told is that places are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis

For some reason they won't let me to answer your private messages.. You can send me your ig or whatever you want on social media if you want to. I also applied to UCAM too btw.
Original post by roozashrafi
So I've been offered a place at UEV and I've reserved my place. I believe the theory is 100% English with the clinical work from years 4 and 5 particularly with regards to patient communication being in Spanish. I think the same may apply to UCV so I just decided to go ahead with UEV.

I was told by Mark from A star future that only the first 3 years are in english but the last 2 years are completely in spanish unlike UCV which is 100% in english all five years except the clinical which is in spanish
Reply 43
Original post by cemils
Hi guys have you ver heard about UEV? I spoke to some dudes studying at UCV and they said UEV (uni europea de valencia) is much better. I cant find any info on them except their website. I wanna talk to some students like me who wants to go there. Have u ever heard of it?

Heya! ive applied there and got a place. Ive been reading about them for a while now to make sure its the uni i want to go to
Reply 44

Im going UEV!!
Hi! Do you guys think spain is a good alternative country for dentistry?
How about czech republick, cyprus and italy (siena uni)?
Reply 46
I just send my application today so did you get accepted if so did you reserve your place for 2021 Sep

let us know how it goes, good luck :smile:
Original post by blueberry888
For some reason they won't let me to answer your private messages.. You can send me your ig or whatever you want on social media if you want to. I also applied to UCAM too btw.

Did you get accepted by UCAM i haven't heard from them what was the process like
I was told by Mark from A star future that only the first 3 years are in english but the last 2 years are completely in spanish unlike UCV which is 100% in english all five years except the clinical which is in spanish

Yeah, it's the same with UEV. I was told by the a staff member at UEV and I also heard students from UEV say that it's only Spanish during the clinical years but full English when it comes to theory.
Original post by danaxmx
Im going UEV!!

That's good to head :smile: Are you from the UK?

hear* :P
Original post by aspireddentist
Hi! Do you guys think spain is a good alternative country for dentistry?
How about czech republick, cyprus and italy (siena uni)?

Hey
For me yes Spain is the best option my reasons First of all Italy entrance exam is in september which gives you little time to get admission from other Universities second czech republic universities are harder to get admission due to the Entrance exam the person with the higher scores get the remaining places cyprus is good but bit far from home and i don't speak the language
Reply 52

im from sweden, but im studying in birmingham right now. wbu? :smile:
Reply 53

Yeah that’s exactly what I was told which is why I ended up going w UCV
Original post by danaxmx
im from sweden, but im studying in birmingham right now. wbu? :smile:

I'm from the UK but I took some time off to look for places and I ended up finding out about Spain :smile:
Hey
For me yes Spain is the best option my reasons First of all Italy entrance exam is in september which gives you little time to get admission from other Universities second czech republic universities are harder to get admission due to the Entrance exam the person with the higher scores get the remaining places cyprus is good but bit far from home and i don't speak the language

Thanks!:smile:
Yeah I have heard too about czech unis being very hard in the studies and many people actually are being kicked off. I am Greek so Cyprus was a good option but the high tuition fee put me off.
Did you apply to the uk unis? I applied and got rejected from 2 unis pre-interview and managed to get an interview for 2. I got rejected from 1 of them but still waiting for the other. The competition honestly is so fierce this year and honestly the ucat is such a bad way to select applicants especially if they are uni graduates. :frown:
Do you think spain has good accomodation to search for and also do you think ucam is a better option than ucv?
Thanks a lot for your reply and wishing you all the best. :wink:
Original post by Ehsan02
Yeah that’s exactly what I was told which is why I ended up going w UCV

I know that it says that on the A-star future website but the actual theory at UEV is taught in English throughout the whole 5 years with the clinical part being in Spanish. This is what I was told by the people at UEV and on one of these forums, there was a UEV student who said the same thing.
Reply 57
I know that it says that on the A-star future website but the actual theory at UEV is taught in English throughout the whole 5 years with the clinical part being in Spanish. This is what I was told by the people at UEV and on one of these forums, there was a UEV student who said the same thing.

yeah, and i think inevitably, when you interact with patients we will need to speak a somewhat basic level of spanish. thats why UEV offers spanish courses to be taken along side, and even offer online ones.
Reply 58
Original post by aspireddentist
Thanks!:smile:
Yeah I have heard too about czech unis being very hard in the studies and many people actually are being kicked off. I am Greek so Cyprus was a good option but the high tuition fee put me off.
Did you apply to the uk unis? I applied and got rejected from 2 unis pre-interview and managed to get an interview for 2. I got rejected from 1 of them but still waiting for the other. The competition honestly is so fierce this year and honestly the ucat is such a bad way to select applicants especially if they are uni graduates. :frown:
Do you think spain has good accomodation to search for and also do you think ucam is a better option than ucv?
Thanks a lot for your reply and wishing you all the best. :wink:

collegiate seems to be the one that UEV is partnered with, im assuming its quite close to their campus, im but sure students from other unis also live there
Reply 59
I'm from the UK but I took some time off to look for places and I ended up finding out about Spain :smile:

honestly, i wish i had found out about spain earlier. i originally applied for dentistry in the UK but got rejected from all 5 unis, but brum ended up offering me a place at another program that they thought i was more suitable for so i accepted it because i didnt think there was any other place that i could get accepted into. It wasnt even that i had bad grades, its just so competitive!

Latest