The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alaaana
congrats! i’m thinking either cripps or hugh stewart but i think you can only apply in ‘zones’ so it’s a bit of a gamble

Congrats to you too! Thanks that’s helpful :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by Tillywoof
Grim mate..

??
Reply 22
Original post by DR2002
If anyone wants to know anything about BGP (Broadgate Park) where I am 1st Yr Med Student please feel free to ask. Accommodation here is self catered in either shared kitchen or studios with kitchen facilities and ensuite. Highly recommend going on You Tube and searching Nottingham Uni Accommodation. There is a video for each halls on campus (catered accommodation) and those self catered (off campus). Hopefully this will give you an idea what to expect. Google map also helps locate where each of the halls are. You will be required to choose 3 and rank them in order of preference. (Choices could include location/room size/ensuite/shared bathroom and term eg.number of weeks). If considering Nottingham it's worth looking into rooms and applying once firmed for greater chance of being allocated your top choice. You can only apply for accommodation IF firmed. Congratulations on receiving an offer everyone and good luck!

Hi! Got an offer today wohoo! I’m looking at broad gate or Dagfa house. I have a few questions. How long does it take to walk from broadgate to the med school? Also how much does the bus cost? When you apply can you ask to be with med students? Thank you !!:smile:
Reply 23
Original post by lakeyyy
Hi! Got an offer today wohoo! I’m looking at broad gate or Dagfa house. I have a few questions. How long does it take to walk from broadgate to the med school? Also how much does the bus cost? When you apply can you ask to be with med students? Thank you !!:smile:

Hi Congratulations on your offer!! Dagfa House is behind BGP I believe and is really new and modern downside is its quite small in terms of students. BGP walk to Med School is approximately 25 mins. Tram is the quickest way as its 2 stops to QMC. Haven't used the bus buts it's £1.70 single trip. Tram is £1.20 or £1 for short hop. Most students I've seen use the tram especially for going into Nottingham. There isn't an option to ask to be with Med Students for any accommodation but the Uni/accommodation provider places you with first years and I do have med students in my building so they possibly look at who has applied. Tbh I have a great mixture of math/physics/pharm students which only extends your friendship groups. Hope this helps?
Reply 24
Original post by DR2002
Hi Congratulations on your offer!! Dagfa House is behind BGP I believe and is really new and modern downside is its quite small in terms of students. BGP walk to Med School is approximately 25 mins. Tram is the quickest way as its 2 stops to QMC. Haven't used the bus buts it's £1.70 single trip. Tram is £1.20 or £1 for short hop. Most students I've seen use the tram especially for going into Nottingham. There isn't an option to ask to be with Med Students for any accommodation but the Uni/accommodation provider places you with first years and I do have med students in my building so they possibly look at who has applied. Tbh I have a great mixture of math/physics/pharm students which only extends your friendship groups. Hope this helps?

Thank you! Yeah I definitely want self catered and I don’t mind the walk as much as long as I will have company :smile: it’s nice to know there is a cheapish tram for rainy days - can you get month passes? Say for December when it is going to be a bit more rainy. Thank you!
Reply 25
Original post by lakeyyy
Thank you! Yeah I definitely want self catered and I don’t mind the walk as much as long as I will have company :smile: it’s nice to know there is a cheapish tram for rainy days - can you get month passes? Say for December when it is going to be a bit more rainy. Thank you!

Hi you can get tram passes best option is weekly and if under 19 it's even cheaper. There is a NETGO app for the tram and you upload your ticket onto your phone.
Does anyone else’s my Nottingham link sent in an email in october no longer work?
Does anyone know if the catered accommodation on University Park Campus is filled quickly? I really want to be in one of the halls one the campus, but have to wait to hear back from other unis first, most likely after the 1st March which is when accommodation opens. Would I still be likely to get that accommodation if I applied in early April?
Hi has anyone uploaded the DBS thing its asking for? Im not sure how to do it
Reply 29
Original post by medic1233
Hi has anyone uploaded the DBS thing its asking for? Im not sure how to do it

I don’t think we have to do it yet, because there’s no option to do anything other than the notification? I’m a bit confused tbh ahah
Hiyyaaaaa
I applied last year to notts with deferred entry so I’ve already got a place, just looking forward to starting☺️
Think I’m gonna apply to BGP 1st and St. Peter’s court 2nd
Does anyone know if self catered accommodation fills up quickly? I’m still waiting for 2 offers so will I miss out if I apply for accommodation in April?
Thank you so much for all the information!! I was wondering whether there was anything we need to do right now that I've forgotten like forms to fill or choices to make etc lol im sorry idk if that's really vague (i haven't received all offers yet btw)
well done everyone btw, see you next year hopefully!!:smile: (still can't believe I could go to university for medicine)
Also, have you guys received the email invitation for an online offer holders virtual event yet?
Original post by silly mili
Also, have you guys received the email invitation for an online offer holders virtual event yet?

Yes I received the email on Monday :smile:
Original post by MedMolly798
Does anyone know if self catered accommodation fills up quickly? I’m still waiting for 2 offers so will I miss out if I apply for accommodation in April?

If you want to go to Notts then why wait for the offers?
Original post by Angiogram1

I'm guessing notts isn't their first choice and they're waiting to see if they're being rejected or accepted by their first choice.
Original post by Angiogram1

Original post by abc dribble
I'm guessing notts isn't their first choice and they're waiting to see if they're being rejected or accepted by their first choice.

As I understand it you can only apply for accommodation once you’ve accepted anyway
Original post by abc dribble

In their previous post they were forming Notts

Latest

Trending

Trending