The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Angiogram1
In their previous post they were forming Notts

*firming
Original post by hello0320
Yes I received the email on Monday :smile:

ah okay thanks so much for replying, was it in the congratulations/further information email Nottingham sent us? lol i can't find it anywhere.
Original post by Angiogram1
If you want to go to Notts then why wait for the offers?

My mum is resistant to me withdrawing even though I’ve explained to her the situation, my dad is on my side tho
Original post by silly mili
ah okay thanks so much for replying, was it in the congratulations/further information email Nottingham sent us? lol i can't find it anywhere.

No, it was a separate email just about the offer-holder day booking. I received my offer on the 19th and then the email was sent on the 22nd, so they may take a few days to send it :smile:
Reply 44
When you firm a uni do you have to put your insurance down too? Like could I firm Notts and pick my accommodation before I've heard back from the others and choose which to insure later or do I have to wait until I know my insurance?
Original post by hello0320
No, it was a separate email just about the offer-holder day booking. I received my offer on the 19th and then the email was sent on the 22nd, so they may take a few days to send it :smile:

cool thank you so much for all your help btw : )
Reply 46
Original post by jamalam
When you firm a uni do you have to put your insurance down too? Like could I firm Notts and pick my accommodation before I've heard back from the others and choose which to insure later or do I have to wait until I know my insurance?

As I remember, you have to do both at the same time. So for some people if they know their Firm and are unsure about who to Insure and are still waiting for offers then they would need to wait to make an overall decision.
As mentioned previously for myself last year I had two offers come very quick and they happened to be my Top 2. I could have waited for the other offers to come through but for me the grades they would have offered would have been the same ie AAA. For some people a waited offer could be a lower grade if contextual so they may wish to hang fire. It was more important for me to secure my first choice accommodation so withdrew from the others and Firmed/Insured as I had my two favourite Unis. Some people don't rank I did and it helped me make a quick decision. Its all down to the individual and where they are with offers still due to come in, have they had more than 2 so can firm and Insure, will the offers due be a contextual offer grade which could help? I hope this helps anyone unsure. There is no right or wrong way deciding just do what is right for you.
Reply 47
@DR2002 hey do you know much about accommodation at nottingham I’m really unsure on which ones are the most ideal. I’d want to be self catered aswell. x
Reply 48
Original post by i.76
@DR2002 hey do you know much about accommodation at nottingham I’m really unsure on which ones are the most ideal. I’d want to be self catered aswell. x

Just scrolled up the thread and seen lots of info!!
Reply 49
Original post by DR2002
As I remember, you have to do both at the same time. So for some people if they know their Firm and are unsure about who to Insure and are still waiting for offers then they would need to wait to make an overall decision.
As mentioned previously for myself last year I had two offers come very quick and they happened to be my Top 2. I could have waited for the other offers to come through but for me the grades they would have offered would have been the same ie AAA. For some people a waited offer could be a lower grade if contextual so they may wish to hang fire. It was more important for me to secure my first choice accommodation so withdrew from the others and Firmed/Insured as I had my two favourite Unis. Some people don't rank I did and it helped me make a quick decision. Its all down to the individual and where they are with offers still due to come in, have they had more than 2 so can firm and Insure, will the offers due be a contextual offer grade which could help? I hope this helps anyone unsure. There is no right or wrong way deciding just do what is right for you.

Thank you so much, this is super helpful!
do we get to find out how we did in our interviews? I was shocked to get an offer yesterday cos I felt I had missed loads of important points so, it would be interesting to know how it actually went:yes:
Reply 51
Did you guys get another email after the congratulations one about offer holder days? I haven’t got one so am I meant to sign up for anything?
Original post by i.76
Did you guys get another email after the congratulations one about offer holder days? I haven’t got one so am I meant to sign up for anything?

hey! same here but someone else on the thread kindly said that they got their invitation for the online offer holder event 4 days after the 1st congratulations email so i'm just gonna wait it out and email next week if it hasn't come. Hope this helps!
Reply 53
Original post by silly mili
hey! same here but someone else on the thread kindly said that they got their invitation for the online offer holder event 4 days after the 1st congratulations email so i'm just gonna wait it out and email next week if it hasn't come. Hope this helps!

That’s really helpful thank you sm :smile:
Hey guys, I'll still be able to choose my preferred accommodation options if I wait to hear from all my offers (could take as long as May) right? Like will they run out by then?
is anyone here on a108 that I can pm about accom?
Reply 56
Are all exams at Nottingham Multiple Choice or do they have essay type exam questions too? I know that many other unis are multi choice only and that may be a factor in making a final decision.
Reply 57
I am a bit confused about the nottingham portal, it's telling me I need to upload a dbs check but have no clue how to do this aha. Any help?
Reply 58
Original post by repap
I am a bit confused about the nottingham portal, it's telling me I need to upload a dbs check but have no clue how to do this aha. Any help?

I don't think we have to do it yet as there's no option to add anything
Reply 59
Original post by repap

may i ask wen d u receive yr offer

Latest

Trending

Trending